PDA

View Full Version : Intercotees' Reviews for Coronado Springs?

Main Street Jim
06-08-2014, 09:03 AM
First time *evah* staying at a Disney resort, believe it or not...LOL...

What's your opinion(s) of Coronado?

AgentC
06-08-2014, 09:19 AM
We have stayed at Coronado Springs several times. I really enjoy the resort.

When we stayed when my children were quite young (under 3), it was not my favorite simply because of the large size. However now that my children are older, it works very well for us. We also did an adults only trip at Coronado last fall and loved it.

The room are a very good size and the decor is lovely. A plus is having a sliding door that separates the bathroom/dressing area from the rest of the room. It is nice touch.

Overall Coronado is a beautiful resort with three different areas with different theming and landscaping. I definitely encourage any one who stays there to walk through all 3 areas and enjoy the atmosphere. The lake in particular is beautiful.

The pool is great. For anyone going with children there is a large arcade and playground.

The main area of the resort houses a normal quick service, the Pepper Market which is a station quick serve and a sit down. Because it is a convention hotel, it also has a very nice lounge plus a few extra amenities normally not found at the moderate resorts like the health club and spa.

On our last trip we paid extra for a preferred room to be close to everything and has a room in the Casitas section. We really enjoyed it. I've also stayed in Cabanas which has the plus of beach areas with hammocks. We have not stayed in Rancho section yet but I really like the theming there.

I think you will have a great time here.

faline
06-08-2014, 02:27 PM
In the moderate category, it's a favorite of mine!! The grounds are beautiful and the resort has many of the features of the more expensive deluxe category resorts!

DizneyFreak2002
06-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Large resort.. Very nice... Enjoyed my stay the one time I was there... Not my favorite or my first choice by any means, but I wouldn't be upset or disappointed if I had to stay there again.. :)

buzznwoodysmom
06-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Large resort.. Very nice... Enjoyed my stay the one time I was there... Not my favorite or my first choice by any means, but I wouldn't be upset or disappointed if I had to stay there again.. :)

Same here! It's not our favorite resort, not even our favorite moderate, but I would not be disappointed to stay there again.

We stayed in the Cabanas section and loved the beachy feel. While it is a large resort it's not any bigger than the other moderates, with the exception of French Quarter. The moderates are all large and sprawling.

mamatedd
06-09-2014, 05:34 AM
We just returned, last month, from our first stay at CSR. We all loved it! Grounds are gorgeous & rooms were good sized and comfy. DD9 loved the pool so much, she would have happily foregone the parks- not kidding! DH loved the gym! Only tiny complaint is we stayed in Casitas #3- close to food/ main building, but very far away from pool. If any of our party had mobility issues, I could see it being a fairly major problem. Overall, it made for an awesome holiday for our family!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-09-2014, 08:22 AM
So far its been our favorite resort, there are bus stops spread around the resort so there's never a long walk there. The Pepper Market is probably the best CS in any resort. To us the rooms at Wilderness Lodge were not that much bigger than CSR, so its a decent size room. If I recall, the gift shop was very nice.

Kairi_7378
06-11-2014, 10:01 PM
We have stayed at CSR twice and enjoyed our stays very much. Both of our stays were in the Ranchos section (furthest part away from the main building) and we did not find this to be a problem. I like to walk to the main building as the sun is rising to get our coffee and it is a very pleasant way to start the morning. We like that you can see EE from the Cabanas section, too.

The rooms are a good size and as mentioned, there is a sliding wood partition that seperates the sinks from the rest of the room. We liked having an extra area for privacy.

From a transportation perspective, I think CSR is in a great location. We have had good bus service there.

cajunmickey
06-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Just got back from our fist stay at CSR. Our stay was great. We went with older children who loved the hamocks. We loved the food at the pepper market, ate there several nights. Would gladly stay here again.:thumbsup:

N2DisneyWorld
06-12-2014, 08:44 PM
We stayed there in February for the first time and we loved it. It's a beautiful resort. My daughter & her friend loved the big pool. We did the campfire roast and the movie one of the nights we hung by the pool. I loved the food court & the Maya Grill restaurant was really good.