PDA

View Full Version : Episode 64 - Fonz Solo

John
06-07-2014, 05:09 PM
The Cast: Ian Mitchell, Melanie Bounds, Gary O’Brien & John Yaglenski

Preshow: Ian is a crabby, crabby man.

- Let’s learn about International Bitterness Units

- That’s then, this is now. We recorded last week but posted it this week and we’re now recording again this week.

- Intercot Bitterness Units-Episode 63 was grouchy. John was going to edit it down but he left it to be true to the way people feel about things sometimes.

- Mel’s trip around Easter-Problems with linking in My Disney Experience/My Magic Plus

- MDE/MMP guest relations, at least, are still good-very friendly, kind.

- When it works, MDE/MMP/Photo pass are great!

- Bands are wasteful, but you can totally match them with your outfit

- Ian refuses to be negative. Manages to be negative about being negative.

- Ian tells a completely hypothetical story about how you might miss a FP time and don’t use a FP you lose it. Can’t use another.

- Mel feels the Easter crowd stories are exaggerated. Ian disagrees. No one surprised.

- Gaston is great at everything

- Christine and Mel’s Beer Adventure in EPCOT

- Vero Beach-what to do around town

- Beach vacations, take it or leave it?

- Two week vacations. Worth it? Oh yeah.

- Mel’s great Animal Kingdom Adventure. Huge build up for nooks and crannies.

- DAK has some nice spots. No matter what they do Ian won’t go.

- Ian doesn’t let the family go to AK.

- Eat to the beat . Singing.

- Take it or leave it: Using FP for character meets. Gary: Bitterly leaves it. Ian: Gives some weird past story of some video about 1972 that Ian shares, blah blah blah. After 25 minutes of a story he leaves it. Mel: Takes it! She would totally do it, despite John’s shock. She’d do it to see Anna and Elsa. Aladdin. John: The correct answer is.Leave it. Not wasting an FP on it. John forces us out of the segment by playing the music

- New Tinkberbell greeting.

- The Kitchen Sink has moved beyond Beaches and Cream.

- Mickey’s sink pants, take it or leave it?

- Ian and Mel are not fans of sharing food.

- Dole Whips at AK

- Where is the refreshment stand by the Tiki Room? John and Mel have a very intense discussion about how to get very specific refreshments into the Tiki Room with them.

- Starbucks in DTD.

- Castaway Cay Run Disney Challenge

- RunICOT-We’ll all be there. Events are all almost all full, but Cheer ICOT is all open.

- Back to Castaway Cay-John explains. Half and full marathon still open, 5 and 10K only open via large charities.

- Holiday party tickets on sale.

- Gary bores everyone with comic book stuff.

- Fonz Solo

- John’s smoke detector is connected to Skynet.

- Ian closes the show by complaining. No one is surprised.

Brought to you by:
Magical Journey’s (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)
The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)

>> Listen, Download, Share, Love, Chill! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2014/episode-64.asp)

Yungbuck73
06-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Very happy a new podcast is here for our enjoyment. Still haven't finished last one. That's a good problem to have. Thanks y'all

John
06-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Very happy a new podcast is here for our enjoyment. Still haven't finished last one. That's a good problem to have. Thanks y'all

Yep - it's a good problem to have ;) :marg:

dpamac
06-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Hey. Marvel Studios (owned by Disney) made over $1 billion in 19 days on The Avengers. 19 days.

The comics cash cow is a mooing. And who can beat having three of my obsessions, Disney, Marvel comics and Star Wars converge?

Melanie
06-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Hey. Marvel Studios (owned by Disney) made over $1 billion in 19 days on The Avengers. 19 days.

:sleepin:

JUST KIDDING! :D I love Thor....ahem, Marvel....as much as the next gal.

We talked about beer? Wow! :beer:

disneykidsince1970
06-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Hi Guys...!! SO excited to have a new podcast - and so quickly too!! YIPPEE!! It helped my 2 hour drive today! More later but just a quick thank you for recording and posting quickly... I am betting that we all love them more w/o editing anyway! :)

THANKS FOR THE EFFORTS!!

Carolyn in Switzerland...

*but I do miss Christine, Carol and Michael.

JMTStone
06-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Another podcast!

Take it or leave it. TAKE IT. I can't stop thinking about our first uninformed trip to WDW where we had DD Taylor (6 at the time) who was IN LOVE with Aladdin. She was going to marry him. She is a card-carrying member of the www.hotaladdin.com fan club. This is in 1997. Before I found INTERCOT.:rocks:

At the time, we were uninformed. Her only wish was to meet Aladdin. We missed him by 2 minutes. She was crushed. To get to the line only to see the rope closed before her. I just added Mickey Meet to our July reservations as a fast pass.:mickey: Its a must.

Take it or leave it suggestions:

Disney Magic Express
Cruise subjects? Excursions? 3 day or 7 day? Land/Sea or just Sea?
runDisney: plan time at parks or not?

Happy to meet you guys for Stayin' Alive (Canada) on July 8th. Anyone else want to sing in falsetto?:marg::sing::beer::wine::sing:

Can't wait to order my #runICOT shirts. I just wore my one from last year kickboxing.:boxing: I've decided to wear it to my first 1/2 in September. Wish me luck!

BriarRose0708
06-11-2014, 10:48 AM
I enjoy the singing :whistle: :sing: so count me in the next time a concert series is announced!

I say take it for character FP if only to bypass the long waits for Anna & Elsa, Tinkerbell, Aladdin, Ariel, etc.

princessgirls
06-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Good podcast!!!

Mel, You and Christine whooping it up in Epcot sounds like a fun night. :thumbsup:

Beach vacation...take it, if done right!

Ian...No love for Animal Kingdom...LOL! My girls LOVE AK.

Good singing...I think....

Thanks for the entertainment this morning.

Julie:mickey:

GMRO
06-13-2014, 10:16 AM
IBU:
Learnt something new. Never paid attention to it..but I’m a mixed drink/beverage guy. – THANKS! Guess this fits with the “so what have we learnt…?”

Now Recording Again This Week:
Wow, ya’ll really rolled up your sleeves and went B2B. – THANKS! There can never be too many podcasts.

Episode 63 Was grouchy:
Didn’t mind it at all! No need to tweek…I enjoyed the stories/rants etc. Quality in no way suffered – IMHO.

Mel’s Trip Around Easter-Problems:
Saw the tweet of the paper FP. We actually scored 4 our trip in May2014 from issues we had during our trip/May2013. They gave us 4 each and for our party of 4 for this year’s trip. Worked nice! Love it when Disney actually FIX’s a problem. We didn’t complain just explained our issues and they offered. They actually wanted to give us VIP @ Fantasmic too but we were not interested.

MDE/MMP Guest Relations/Photo Pass Are Great:
Never had issues and had to use guest relations except to claim our VIP FP’s this year. Photo pass we found out late in the vaca this May2014 how the magic bands actually worked with it. So we didn’t get many pics. BUT have to say that most “photo-monkeys” that are taking the pics these days for Disney are not up to snuff. Some of our pics over the past 2 years have been poorly composed etc. If they were nicer we’da bought them. And the pics they took with our camera – forget-about-it - they were worse. Quality has gone down far as we see it and we buy less as a result.

Bands Are Wasteful:
I’m shocked they keep on sending out as many as we hear. BUT I will say that in the almost 2 weeks we were there this past May ours were already showing wear…dirt…etc. The yellow was not as bright and the snaps were a bit loose towards the end. Maybe they are engineered to be disposed/cheap? Makes me wonder where the budget comes from to keep on sending them out to the folks who have a collection of them at this point. Packaging, shipping…but hey, I’m all about accessorizing so having multiple colored bands – I’m all in!

Ian Refuses To Be Negative/Miss A FP Time And Don’t Use A FP You Lose It:
Yea, well I guess chalk that up to make an ADR and don’t show and have a charge to your credit card too. We cancelled our un-used passes each day. Again it felt like WORK. We didn’t know about this penalty of no more if you miss or skip. But I’ve no issues with it – as long as the penalty happens if its skipped on purpose and not missed due to a long line or event that kept you from being there.

Mel Feels The Easter Crowd Stories Are Exaggerated:
Never been. Only been to WDW 1.5 weeks before Christmas. AND last 2 days of our vaca the parks were NUTS with crowds. Would do it again but not closer to the holiday than we were. It was uncomfortable and overcrowded.

Christine And Mel’s Beer Adventure In EPCOT:
Is that like Bill and Ted’s Most Excellent Adventure? LOL Sounds fun! I think dancing with Pooh was done too – TWEET?!?!

Vero Beach/Beach Vacations:
I’m not super keen on beaches. Boring – need more entertainment than sand and surf. But I very much like CBR as our resort for evening wind downs with drinks/cigars. To each…

Two Week Vacations:
Ahh, can I get a “H E - double hockey sticks” YEAH on this one! We’ve been for many many years going for that long. Actually our time away is about 16 days total. Yes, you totally are out of work mode. Especially when we drive to DCL/PORT/WDW. The windshield time allows us to both de-compress. So when we finally get there, 15.5 hrs, we are relaxed. And being away this long, yeah you are totally out of work mode and really ENJOY the vaca. When we did 7 day trips we always felt rushed and said if we only had a day or 2 more. Now at this point we are READY to come home at the end of the vaca. Not really homesick but you are ready to leave. To me that’s the perfect time away – when you are ready to leave and go home. We feel very fortunate that we can do this.

Mel’s Great Animal Kingdom Adventure/Nooks And Crannies/Some Nice Spots/Ian Won’t Go Or Let The Family Go To AK:
In the past 2 vaca – 2012/2013 we didn’t even go to AK. BUT this trip we did…and let me say the park slowly grew on us. NOT a lot…but we spent a lot more time there than we ever did before. Got on Everest 2 times…FP+ and then stood in standby and got asked by a person with a paper FP if we wanted to join her party since she was alone and had passes for more persons. Y-YES, YES we would join you to jump ahead of the line! Plus we ate at AK; shopped and did get some nice pics. DW and both left there feeling good about the place. Still #4 on our enjoyment list…but we did like it more than in years past. I think when “the avatar’s” are open we may like it more – many may too. IAN – too funny!

Eat To The Beat/Singing:
Always love the singing ya’ll do. Never been there while this is going on – E2B. But it does sound nice and we’d try it IF we were there.

Take It Or Leave It/Using FP For Character Meets:
We’ve not used FP for that but sounds like a good idea if you’ve little ones who NEED to meet up with their favorites! Burn the FP’s as you see fit! TAKE IT!

New Tinkerbelle Greeting/Kitchen Sink/Mickey’s Sink pants -Take It Or Leave It:
Good repurpose of area – TINK! KEWL! Kitchen sink way too big for us but get the attraction if you’ve a big party. Sink pants…OK.

Ian And Mel Are Not Fans Of Sharing Food:
I get it and understand – I got mine and you got yours… But not an issue with me as long as the sharing is with DW. How about trying/tasting drinks from others? Same theory?? Wondering…

Dole Whips At AK:
Sure – why not? More places to get the FAVORITES, maybe not all of them or full offerings.

Starbucks In DTD:
Not a buck fan. Don’t mind it but the hype is bothersome. Why does Disney need to pair up with them? I say LEAVE IT.

Castaway Cay Run Disney Challenge/RunICOT/Cheer ICOT Is All Open:
Another money grab for the Castaway Cay Run? Make you take cruise and a particular cruise at that? LEAVE IT.

Gary Bores Everyone With Comic Book Stuff:
I like stuff on digital. All my equipment/TV/vehicle etc manuals are PDF on my iDevices. No more paper! Less space and I always know where the manual or parts list resides. No more hunting drawers looking for a P/N or operation sequence. I get it!

Fonz Solo:
Sorry I’ve no facepage so can’t see it…but OK.

John’s Smoke Detector Is Connected To Skynet:
Now that is an abuse of technology…talking smoke detectors. LOVE IT/TAKE IT!!!

Ian Closes The Show By Complaining/No One Is Surprised:
Naaaa, not IAN?!?!?

Great ending of another GREAT PODCAST. THANKS CREW! CW – you were missed!

dpamac
06-19-2014, 02:17 PM
For reference. The fantastic piece of art of which I take a great amount of pride. The combination of two of my childhood heroes, one of which I am deeply ashamed and feel like I was misled (Henry Winkler was never cool He just never really was.)

http://refugeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/341-Fonz-Sol-1-567x700.jpg

GMRO
06-19-2014, 02:25 PM
OMG!!! OMG!!!

That is classic; priceless; epic!

Waaddayyya mean Henry Winkler was not KEWL! ;)

This pic almost makes me want to join Facepage to see just what I'm missing...

2nd thought...No thanks!

BUT much appreciate your post/reply here of the pic and your views on the podcast of course. Love it!

hehehehe

Thank you!

Yungbuck73
07-09-2014, 09:18 PM
I'm greedy. Need my fix. It's like an obsession. Need new soon.

John
07-09-2014, 09:56 PM
its in editing!

cer
07-09-2014, 10:18 PM
its in editing!

nice.

Lacy
07-09-2014, 11:17 PM
its in editing!

Glad to hear it - was getting on the boards to see if there was any updates for the next one. We got spoiled with two in a row :mickey:

Yungbuck73
07-10-2014, 08:07 PM
I can't help wanting my fix. I do know everyone is busy. Sorry

disneykidsince1970
07-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Yea!! Can't wait!!

:mickey: Carolyn