PDA

View Full Version : Magic band question

Bay Lake
06-05-2014, 02:08 PM
If a band has a fast pass linked to it, does it have to be scanned at the park entrance to be used that day. We have somebody who has to leave a day early and the FP+ are already booked on this band. Can i bring the band with me and use it.

faline
06-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I don't know the answer to that but suspect that, like the old tickets, the fastpass piece won't work if no-one has entered the park on that ticket.

pox24
06-06-2014, 09:19 AM
The RFID technology used in each band allows only one person to use it, thus preventing theft. If your friend never wore the band then it did not adapt to his or her wrist. If they did wear it then it can only be worn by them to function.

ransam
09-03-2014, 04:24 AM
The RFID technology used in each band allows only one person to use it, thus preventing theft. If your friend never wore the band then it did not adapt to his or her wrist. If they did wear it then it can only be worn by them to function.

not sure if this has changed, but in May this was not the case. My gf hates bracelets, so she got tired of wearing it, gave it to me, and I wore it on my other wrist, and had no problems.

VWL Mom
09-03-2014, 07:57 AM
The band or RFID card have to show entry for the FP to function.

09-03-2014, 04:30 PM
The band or RFID card have to show entry for the FP to function.

At this time, "ticket validation" had NOT been activated to the system, but, it will be in the near future, just not sure exactly when. Prior to RFID, park entry did have to be validated to use a FP.

Bottom line, FP's may still be able to be used without the park ticket being validated at entry.

My understanding was that it was to be "activated" in September but I am not down there right now to verify if it was done on Sep. 1 or when in Sep. it might be. I do know there are some new CM training updates that have to be completed in the next week or so for FP but don't know if this function this function is part of it or not.

VWL Mom
09-03-2014, 04:46 PM
At this time, "ticket validation" has NOT been activated to the system, but, it will be in the near future, just not sure exactly when. Prior to RFID, park entry did have to be validated to use a FP.

Bottom line, FP's may still be able to be used without the park ticket being validated at entry.

My understanding was that it was to be "activated" in September but I am not down there right now to verify if it was done on Sep. 1 or when in Sep. it might be. I do know there are some new CM training updates that have to be completed in the next week or so for FP but don't know if this function this function is part of it or not.

Thanks for the update.