PDA

View Full Version : Odd Man Out

conan617
06-05-2014, 12:47 PM
This Sept will be the first trip to WDW since my ex walked out on us. So the cast will be me, DS and DD. Most attractions will accommodate all of us at once, but some will cause us to split. Of course we will still have a fantastic vacation, but I know the kids will ride attractions together and I will be on my own. Again - I know that there are much worse things in life than having to ride Buzz by yourself. I'll suggest switching off but I don't know if the kids will feel comfortable on their own. Any advice from other 3,5,7,9 sized families/groups? Did you feel left out or sad you couldn't share all the same experiences? Am I really just over thinking this? - I mean we are going to WDW after all!!:mickey:

SBETigg
06-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Not necessarily over-thinking, but my thought is that it will all work out while you're there. How old are the kids? Old enough to not mind switching partners and riding alone now and then? You will all be close anyway, maybe not seated together, but right next to each other, unless you do the single rider lines (which can be great to cut waits on Test Track, Everest, and Rock n Roller Coaster). I hope you get to ride with a kid now and then, but even so... you will be at WDW, as you say. :cool:

faline
06-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Keep in mind there are a number of attractions which will fit all of you together - ones that come immediately to mind are Test Track and Dinosaur.

Main Street Jim
06-05-2014, 05:48 PM
You *can* fit three to a car in Buzz :) Of course, if you wanna outscore the kids, get your own car :) In fact, all three get your own cars, and have a competition! :P

Nearly every attraction will accommodate all of you together; maybe not necessarily in the same row (Thunder, Everest, etc.). Space Mountain will take all three of you in the same rocket. For Speedway, you can each get your own race car - ask for different lanes than the kids, so you can race each other :)

Terra
06-06-2014, 02:36 PM
You *can* fit three to a car in Buzz :) Of course, if you wanna outscore the kids, get your own car :) In fact, all three get your own cars, and have a competition! :P

Nearly every attraction will accommodate all of you together; maybe not necessarily in the same row (Thunder, Everest, etc.). Space Mountain will take all three of you in the same rocket. For Speedway, you can each get your own race car - ask for different lanes than the kids, so you can race each other :)

Great advice! Make it a new tradition!!
Have a great time! And I'm sorry about the rough past time.
Put all worries out of your mind and enjoy the here and now at WDW! :)

princessgirls
06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Have a wonderful trip!

Making new memories in this new chapter of your life.

Julie:mickey:

stephicakes
06-17-2014, 05:37 AM
We've gone with odd # groups before (3,7) and it all works out! You will be having too much fun on the rides to worry that you're not seated directly next to someone in your party. In fact, I enjoyed sitting behind DH & DS on RnR to hear their screams and laughter! You can experience their fun and excitement just watching them :thumbsup:

Like others mentioned, most rides you can all fit together in the same row (especially the boat rides)... LwtL, PoC, Maelstrom, IASW, TT, etc. just to name a few.

Just have fun!! :mickey: