PDA

View Full Version : Full Parks

DDoftwo
06-05-2014, 10:52 AM
So I have been told by several people that the week we are going(day after christmas thru 2nd of Jan) is crazy (kind of figured). What I am hearing is some parks especially MK will fill to capacity. I thought this was just to the general public. If we are on property can we still be held out of parks?

99-All Star Movies
03-Pop Century
05-Animal Kingdom
09-All Star Movies
14- All Star Music(Dec)

faline
06-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Yes. The park(s) close in phases with those staying on-site being in the last group denied admission. You will not be denied admission to ALL parks but you may not get admission to the park you want to enter. The park that most typically closes due to reaching capacity is the Magic Kingdom.

CanadianWDWFan
06-05-2014, 11:30 AM
A few years ago we were checking in early on New Year's eve so we could go and be in the parks. We were staying at WL so we had to pass through the main parking gate at MK. As were were about a mile out the traffic stopped! :eyes: It took us a while to get through and checked in to the WL. When we finally did we were told that MK was at capacity and they were allowing no one into the parks, not even resort guests. This was at 10:00am! We decided to go to DHS. It was packed as well. For us it was too much, we left the park and spent New Year's at the resort.

As Faline mentioned, you will be able to get into a park but maybe not the park you want, also expect heavy crowds everywhere. If you get in to MK, stay for the duration. Do not leave the park otherwise you might not get back in.

#1donaldfan
06-05-2014, 12:00 PM
We did that exact week years ago and it was crazy buzy, esp NYE....I've never seen it busier, but the park never closed due to capacity. NYE we (the crowds) moved as a mass not individuals. But the next morning, Jan 1st, MK was a ghost town till about 11am......:mickey:

DonaldDuck1117
06-05-2014, 11:36 PM
MK on New Year's Eve is the busiest day of the year. It fills up and closes early, with people claiming their spots for the fireworks on Main Street when the park opens. The idea of spending 15 hours just waiting for fireworks is not my idea of fun.

Epcot hardly ever closes as the size of the park allows for the most capacity. So you will never be turned away from Epcot. Now, it will be crazy busy their as well...but you'll get in.

cuteduck223
06-12-2014, 03:54 PM
We've gone the past two years from the 27-jan 4. (ish). We LOVE it. Going early to MK is your best bet any day of the week. 2 years ago, it closed to capacity several times around 11 and re-opened around 3. We usually park hop, so we leave MK at noon and head off to another park or take a break and hit a park in the evening.

ON NYE, we typically do fun stuff at DTD (this year we did BBB there), or go to animal kingdom as its the least crowded as they have NO fireworks. We love being at the resort in the evening, they all have NYE activities and parties, and those were just as fun for us and were way less crowded. AT POR last year they had a cookie decorating station, family games and hats/beads/etc. The year before we were at AKL, but we were too tired to participate!

We have always hit MK on Jan 1, early! and its been great!:blush: