PDA

View Full Version : So, I got BOG for dinner.....should I keep it?

mouseketeer mom
06-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Was going to fastpass it for lunch, but checked last night, and got a 6:40 BOG dinner ressie on our arrival day. (2 days from now!). Worth trying for dinner? I've been there for lunch three times so far, and we have liked it. Just wondering if its worth keeping for dinner. What's been the experience for all? thought it might be a nice kick off to our trip!

Strmchsr
06-03-2014, 08:31 AM
I wasn't a huge fan of the lunch (food was fine, just too "fancy" for my simple tastes) but I really enjoyed the dinner. The experience of the meal really isn't much different from lunch other than you'll meet the Beast at the end, but I did enjoy the food. I think it's more about whether you want the food than the experience because the only difference in the experience is the Beast.

faline
06-03-2014, 09:45 AM
I've been twice for dinner now. The first time, I thought the food and service was just mediocre and wouldn't rush back to try it again. On a whim (after reading everyone else's raves here on Intercot), I checked for reservations for our last trip and surprisingly got a late dinner reservation for our last evening a couple of weeks ago. This time, I really enjoyed the food and we had an excellent server (I tried a different dish on this trip) Based on this past experience, I would definitely recommend this location for an evening meal.

Ms. Mode
06-03-2014, 02:01 PM
We have had both lunch and dinner at BOG, and I liked the dinner best of the two. I really liked the experience and would recommend to anyone that they try it at least once. I think it would be a great start to any WDW vacation. :mickey:

garthbarth1
06-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Definitely try it at least once since you were able to secure a reservation. Our dinner was fantastic...food and service were great!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I've been twice for dinner now. The first time, I thought the food and service was just mediocre and wouldn't rush back to try it again. On a whim (after reading everyone else's raves here on Intercot), I checked for reservations for our last trip and surprisingly got a late dinner reservation for our last evening a couple of weeks ago. This time, I really enjoyed the food and we had an excellent server (I tried a different dish on this trip) Based on this past experience, I would definitely recommend this location for an evening meal.

What did you try the first and second trip?

Kplaster
06-03-2014, 02:59 PM
We went to dinner right after BOG opened and LOVED!! it. The food was amazing and the wait staff were great. If you have reservations I would hold on to them and enjoy. :)

VacationDisney
06-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Try it! You might just like it:thumbsup:

We are looking to our dinner reservations on our upcoming trip this August:cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
06-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Ok! Going to keep it! Also got Buzz, Dwarf Train, and Pirates FP's that night to kick off the trip!!! Thanks everyone.

faline
06-03-2014, 05:17 PM
What did you try the first and second trip?

On my first visit I had a seafood dish which is served in pastry - I'm told that is there signature dish. I thought it was quite bland and didn't care for it at all. On this trip, I had the braised pork which was quite good. Gene had the pork chop and he enjoyed that as well.

Tinkerbella16
06-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Definitely keep it! I have heard that dinner is a whole better experience than lunch. My sister and BIL had dinner there on their honeymoon and it was the best meal they had all week! :mickey:

TheVBs
06-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Glad you're keeping it. :mickey: We had dinner there and it was great! I had the lamb and I'm still dreaming about how good it tasted.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-04-2014, 08:20 AM
On my first visit I had a seafood dish which is served in pastry - I'm told that is there signature dish. I thought it was quite bland and didn't care for it at all. On this trip, I had the braised pork which was quite good. Gene had the pork chop and he enjoyed that as well.

Thanks I've heard a lot of people rave about the pork dish but I'm not a big pork eater with the exception of bacon. I was wondering about the Salmon, it looks good.

Mickey'sGirl
06-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I'll vouch for the lamb. It was cooked perfectly!

I would keep your ressie. We went in December and made another ADR for our August trip. We all enjoyed the food, and the service was exceptional. I have food allergies, so the chef came out to speak with me. He also took the time to ask my sons what they were planning on having. My oldest son indicated that he was looking forward to the mussel s to start. The chef called the kitchen immediately to ask them if there were any left. After finding out that there were only 3 orders left, he ran off to the kitchen (with all of our appetizer choices) and back himself with them .... Including an extra large order of mussels for my son. He even came back later on to make sure he enjoyed them. It was a really fabulous experience.