PDA

View Full Version : Nutritional info?

mouseketeer mom
06-03-2014, 07:16 AM
ADRs in place, now hoping to find the nutritional info, so I can make some wise decisions ahead of time. Any place to find this?

Strmchsr
06-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Unfortunately, usually not. If you need specific ingredients you can contact the special diets department, but if you're asking for calories or carbs or anything like that, no. We wanted that info for my diabetic son, but have never been able to find it available, even asking at the parks. The only place you can get that is from pre-packaged snacks.

mouseketeer mom
06-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately, usually not. If you need specific ingredients you can contact the special diets department, but if you're asking for calories or carbs or anything like that, no. We wanted that info for my diabetic son, but have never been able to find it available, even asking at the parks. The only place you can get that is from pre-packaged snacks.

I was looking at calories, fats, etc...too bad. When I initially chose our fastpass BOG lunch, nutritional info was offered online! I thought that was great, and wanted to gather the same info for our ADRs in the evening. Bummer. Guess I just have to use common sense, but I really would have liked it.

princessgirls
06-03-2014, 11:26 AM
I found this to be true as well.... asking how many carbs to count in the early days of Maddie and her Type 1 usually brought the chef to my table on our last trip in 2012, and I might add they didn't have much of a clue.

We are more educated now... we will just leave it at that...

Julie:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-03-2014, 11:51 AM
WDW has to step it up. People are much more aware of what they are eating these days. Even McDonalds shares nutrition info.

Ms. Mode
06-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Having been on a diet my whole life, I can pretty much look at an item and know how many calories, fat, WW Points +, etc. it has going for it.

I have gone over the WDW menu items before our trips and made the best choices and NEVER ordered them when I'm in the actual restaurant! NEVER!

I'm so weak :blush:

mouseketeer mom
06-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Having been on a diet my whole life, I can pretty much look at an item and know how many calories, fat, WW Points +, etc. it has going for it.

I have gone over the WDW menu items before our trips and made the best choices and NEVER ordered them when I'm in the actual restaurant! NEVER!

I'm so weak :blush:

Oh No!!! Haha!!! I'm not on a diet, I just am really into fitness/health and don't want to come home feeling gross. Wanted to get my ducks in order ahead of time!

Lindsey
06-03-2014, 04:05 PM
If you have ADR's then you can call & put in a specific dietary request, (like no dairy), I do this to request vegan meals. But if all you want is nutritional info you are out of luck. :unsure:

TheDuckRocks
06-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Just my 2 cents - I cannot figure why every chain restaurant now has to provide nutritional information but Disney which serves millions of meals each and every year does not???

hope2survive
06-04-2014, 10:50 AM
I was hoping for the same thing as I am really trying to be more health concious and using myfitnesspal to record everything I eat and all my exercise. I'm surprised that they don't provide this as well since most every other chain restaraunt does. I guess I'll just have to find something close.

mouseketeer mom
06-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Sigh. , too bad. I went through the menus and chose what I think are the lighter choices, and I will stick with that. One exception. Ohana's. Then all bets are off. That peanut sauce!!