PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic...need some tips please!

lawgirl
06-01-2014, 03:26 PM
We are going for a really short trip in Sept. We've decided to do HS, as we haven't been there in a long while, and it's been over 10 years since I've seen Fantasmic.

I really dont want to do the dining package, as its expensive and not where we want to eat. How are the lines / wait for Fantasmic? Does it usually fill up? Do they turn people away? I'm trying to avoid waiting in line with my 4YO for an hour, but don't want to miss the show. Any advice would be great!

Main Street Jim
06-01-2014, 03:33 PM
I really don't want to do the dining package, as its expensive and not where we want to eat. How are the lines / wait for Fantasmic? Does it usually fill up? Do they turn people away? I'm trying to avoid waiting in line with my 4YO for an hour, but don't want to miss the show. Any advice would be great!Depends on if there's one or two showings the night you want to see it.

If you want decent seats, 45 minutes to an hour is plenty early. Arrive 30 minutes prior and you'll be in the "cheap seats" (all the way at either end of the theater). Does it fill up? Again, depends on time of year and how busy the park is, and if they're showing one show or two.

We'd usually bring something in a backpack (coloring books, games, etc.) to keep our kids busy while waiting in line or for the show to start.

Melanie
06-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Just a note, dinner packages and FP+ seats are the center sections now. I'd personally arrive pretty early if not doing either.

PETE FROM NYC
06-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Several years ago, we had the dinner package, and were still turned away.

yankeesfan123
06-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Yea they've definitely had their issues. Haven't heard many complaints recently though.

MargaretMessler
06-01-2014, 06:54 PM
We arrived just as the initial lines of people had finished flooding in last September (so that's what, maybe 30 minutes out?) and we were about three sections from the end, pretty high up, but I was happy with the view. Our issue was that there was some sort of malfunction and they stopped/re-started, then didn't send out the boats with the characters.

In a busier time of year, I would probably line up, but that worked fine for us. If a slightly better location is more important to you, then I would follow the other poster's suggestion of packing some "keep busy" items for your child.

LVT
06-06-2014, 10:54 AM
In 2013 we got there late and were in the 2nd tier of bleachers behind the walk-way beyond the food booths. I did not like this area at all.
Try to get in the main areas, even the last rows work out OK. Most of the spectacle is very large scale and up high.:number1:

lawgirl
06-09-2014, 01:58 PM
I checked the schedule for the day we'll be there. There are 2 show currently on the schedule. Which will be more crowded, do you think? Looks like 8:00 or 9:30. Thanks!

PopPhan
06-09-2014, 02:27 PM
I checked the schedule for the day we'll be there. There are 2 show currently on the schedule. Which will be more crowded, do you think? Looks like 8:00 or 9:30. Thanks!

The earlier show is almost always the 'busier' of the two shows. The second showing is generally the easier to get good seats for.

Main Street Jim
06-09-2014, 03:27 PM
I checked the schedule for the day we'll be there. There are 2 show currently on the schedule. Which will be more crowded, do you think? Looks like 8:00 or 9:30. Thanks!8:00 show will definitely be more crowded. People will be trying to see this show, then head out and try and make it to EPCOT in time for Illuminations.

I;d opt for the 9:30 show.

Babe the Blue Ox
06-09-2014, 11:44 PM
We went to the 10:30 pm late show last Sunday. Strolled in about 10 minutes before show time and got great seats. The stadium was less than half full.

Went to MK after that for EMH until 3 am.

VacationDisney
06-11-2014, 01:56 PM
We have never had issues getting seats for this show. Sometimes we do do the dinner package, sometimes not!

I think if you get there 30 minutes before the show you will be just fine:thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
06-11-2014, 04:46 PM
I have been turned away from this show. So, if you're not doing the dining package or FP+ (if its an option) - I'd get there really early if you want to do it.

As other posters ahve said - its all about the time of year.....

eandrsmom
06-14-2014, 11:07 AM
I think it depends on when you are going and how many times they have it that night. We were there last summer on a weeknight. It ran twice and we were able to walk in and find good seats just before it started. I wouldn't count on doing this, but sometimes you get lucky.

lawgirl
06-15-2014, 09:32 AM
We're going mid-Sept on a Saturday night. It looks like there are 2 shows.

Thanks for all the advice!

pixiesmimi
06-16-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm just glad they have changed the dinner package seats to the center seats. I never could understand how you could have special VIP seats and them be on the far side where you couldn't see anything. Only perk was getting in early and not having to stand in line. We usually get there about 30 min early before they start letting the line in.