PDA

View Full Version : Counter service improvements!

TheVBs
06-01-2014, 03:09 PM
I meant to add this to our TS reviews, but I just wanted to say that we had some really great CS meals on this last trip. Two places that really stood out for their menu changes were Pinocchio's and Studio Catering Co. At Pinocchio's they had flatbreads and Studio had sandwich selections. Both were so good that DH and I turned to each other while we were eating and said, "Wow!" Of course, there's Flame Tree BBQ too, but their menu hasn't changed. Always love getting lunch there!

Melanie
06-01-2014, 03:38 PM
I love those flatbreads at Pinocchio's!

MargaretMessler
06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
There is definitely some good food to be had CS if you look around, it does not have to be all burgers and chicken sandwiches that's for sure. In fact, I don't think we had one of either last fall.

Free QS dining was a great way to try all the different countries in WS too!

VWL Mom
06-01-2014, 08:16 PM
We ate at Studio Catering in August, I was quite surprised at how good the sandwich was. You just never know!

Kairi_7378
06-01-2014, 08:18 PM
I think I have eaten 1 burger in 4 "grown up" trips to WDW. I am thrilled to hear that there are even more options, and now I will have to add Pinnochio's to the list for the next trip. (Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with burgers/ nuggets/ etc.)

MargaretMessler
06-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I think I have eaten 1 burger in 4 "grown up" trips to WDW. I am thrilled to hear that there are even more options, and now I will have to add Pinnochio's to the list for the next trip. (Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with burgers/ nuggets/ etc.)

No, there definitely isn't. We just came up with a rule last time that we had to eat places that were NON burgers/chicken places, just to try all new things.

DKA041177
06-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Columbia Harbour House is one of our favorite restaurants period...CS or TS.

TheDuckRocks
06-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I can honestly say in our last 16 trips to Disney World/Disneyland I have only eaten 1 hot dog and no burgers or chicken nuggets at the counter service places. There are just too many really good options to go the burger/hot dog/nuggets route.

Jack Skellington
06-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Studio Catering in DHS. Columbia Harbor House in MK. Flame Tree BBQ in AK.

All on our list.

Any others for CS, that we should check out?

JS:mickey:

#1donaldfan
06-02-2014, 12:35 PM
I agree that there are tons of great CS places to eat. It's hard to choose sometimes but we always seem to have great meals. :mickey:

MargaretMessler
06-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Studio Catering in DHS. Columbia Harbor House in MK. Flame Tree BBQ in AK.

All on our list.

Any others for CS, that we should check out?

JS:mickey:

Peco's Bills in MK
Backlot Express in DHS
Be Our Guest (for lunch) in MK
Cookes of Dublin in DTD
Kringla Bakeri in EPCOT WS (Norway)
Tangierine Café in EPCOT WS (Morocco)
Yak & Yeti in AK

garthbarth1
06-02-2014, 11:19 PM
We always enjoy Pecos Bill for their Taco Salad, and Flame Tree BBQ for the Rib/Chicken platter! Great food and lots of it! We also at at a place at AK that hand wonderful sandwiches...not far from the safari...it was egg or chicken salad...it was great!! The only place we choose for a Burger is the Electric Umbrella! Its more for nostalgic reasons then a great burger...we love the music and feel to it..and the free refills! :secret:

princessgirls
06-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Love all the places, and I'll add my personal favorite to the list...

Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion. Always a good meal!

Julie:mickey:

TheHD
06-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Two trips ago we received the free dining plan and this opened us up to try as many different QS/CS meals as possible. We only doubled up once or twice. We used to simply eat the burgers and chicken, but our previous two trips, we had maybe one burger and it wasn't good at all.

I think the Tuscan sandwich at Studio Catering Co. and the Hot Italian-style Sandwich at Pizzafari were the most delicious sandwiches I've ever had.