PDA

View Full Version : Booking FP+ in multiple parks on same day

andypooh
06-01-2014, 07:24 AM
I believe that your initial 3 FPs must be booked in the same park

Once these 3 FPs are gone and I want to book additional FPs must they be booked in that same park or can they be booked in a different park?

Thanks

yankeesfan123
06-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Different park, but according to Disney's website, you must be in that different park to do so.

Strmchsr
06-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Just to expound on what was said above, you can only make your initial 3 FP on MDE. Once those have expired you have to physically go to a kiosk in the park where you want to make your FP to get a new one, but it can be in a different park than the original 3.

texasteacher
06-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks for this post. I was wondering about this.:thumbsup:

MargaretMessler
06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
If you make a 4th from a kiosk in that same park, can you then hop for a potential 5th, 6th, etc.?

Seems a silly question, but since this is all new and things seem to change daily of late...

yankeesfan123
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Yuuuup

Jack Skellington
06-02-2014, 01:02 AM
You have to go to a kiosk for the 4th FP+? It can be in the same park as your first 3 correct?

Strmchsr
06-02-2014, 08:03 AM
You have to go to a kiosk for the 4th FP+? It can be in the same park as your first 3 correct?

Correct. After your original 3 you have to go to a kiosk for any others and it doesn't matter which park, same or different.

Jack Skellington
06-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Just to be clear, you cannot book your 4th FP+ using the smartphone MDE app? Seems a bit silly.

JS:mickey:

yankeesfan123
06-02-2014, 01:52 PM
As of now, correct.

Jack Skellington
06-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Interesting.... I can see that may help the system. They don't want people snatching up FP+s in other parks and then not showing up I suppose. Thought it sort of discourages Park-hopping (with a plan) if you book all your FP+s at the first park in advance.

Hmmmm..... Perhaps they could allow smartphone booking, but only for 2+ hours later, making all FP+s available within a 2 hour window only available at kiosks in the park? That way you could still park-hop with a plan and yet the people at the parks would be rewarded with the immediately available FP+s.

I am just worried about long lines at the FP+ kiosks late in the day. The beauty of the smartphone app is being able to do it without standing in line. A FP for the FP+ kiosk if you will....

JS:mickey:

andypooh
06-05-2014, 10:31 AM
It seems to me that a big failure of the current FP+ booking system is that if I use up my 3 FP+ in one park and know I will be in another park later in the day I cannot book an FP using either a kiosk in my first park or my phone. I can only book an FP+ in the park I am going to later in the day by going to that park and using a kiosk

Correct?

Strmchsr
06-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Yes you are correct. And, while it is annoying, at the moment at least it's an improvement over the previous iteration of FP+ where it was only 3 FP in one park for the whole day.

Wells
06-05-2014, 01:48 PM
To me this seems to be similar requirements as the old Fastpass system where you had to go to the desired attraction to obtain a Fastpass. At least now you don't have to trapse all over the park to check the availability.

yankeesfan123
06-05-2014, 02:17 PM
I think you'll be able to book your 4th FP from your phone eventually.

Everything has been rolling out step-by-step. It's a logical next step.

mickeys_princess
07-21-2014, 09:49 PM
So when you hop to your next park and go to the kiosk can you book another set of 3 or just one? Is is 4 max for the day?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-21-2014, 09:53 PM
After the first three, you have to book them one at a time. So, you book your 4th FP+, and once you've used it, you can book a 5th, and the once you've used it a 6th and so on.

As long as there are FP+ available, you can book them, there isn't a set limit, other than the fact that you can only book 3 in advance.

mickeys_princess
07-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Thanks!!!!! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
07-22-2014, 12:03 PM
So if I understand correctly, after you book your three and use them....you can TRY and get another, at a Kiosk if you are lucky.

This is not good news for this fast pass using family. We generally used up to 7 per day. I hope we get on attractions when we go back. I can't honestly imagine that Disney would prefer us standing in long long lines, that would inhibit us from being is their stores and dining!

Julie:mickey: