PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Jammin' Jungle Parade

Melanie
05-31-2014, 12:32 PM
Today is the last day for Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, the afternoon parade at Animal Kingdom. I'll admit I only saw it a handful of times, but the costumes were bright and the music was catchy. I enjoyed it for what it was, even if viewing was kind of difficult at times.

I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other, but am eager to see the 'new' AK come together. I'm especially excited about the new nighttime extravaganza! :D

Anyone going to miss MJJP?

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-31-2014, 01:07 PM
:sad: Yes, although it wasn't a must do, it was unique and probably the most interactive parade I've ever attended. It's sad but I can't see what they do to replace it

DizneyFreak2002
05-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Miss it? Nah... Never had an attachment to it... Never cared if I saw it or not... The first two times, it was cool, but after that, not so much...

eandrsmom
05-31-2014, 01:32 PM
We've seen it a couple of times. The second time was by accident. We were in route to an attraction and got stuck in a crowded area. We figured we'd watch it since it would be discontinued. It was cute and lively, but I wouldn't consider it something that we would miss.

kakn7294
05-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Basically, I loved everything about this parade - music, costumes, animal floats - but I hated the parade itself for how it totally cut off the park while running. Several times we had gotten caught up in that mess and once even missed a reservation elsewhere because we just couldn't get out of Animal Kingdom. I'll miss it but I won't miss it.

akaDisneyDreamer
05-31-2014, 04:29 PM
This is my favorite parade and I will really miss it very much! It was colorful and lively and unique with the human powered floats. I'm so glad I made a point to be there for it one last time when I was there two weeks ago.

PlutoToo
05-31-2014, 06:22 PM
This was always our favorite parade, especially the Christmas version. I'll miss it,

joanna71985
05-31-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm going to miss it so much! I'm glad I got to be in the parade once

steamboat willy
05-31-2014, 11:43 PM
This was my DW's favorite and was our queue to head to the exit of the Park after it was over. Hate to see it go. What are we gonna do in September?

gottaluvtink
06-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Definitely miss it. I enjoyed it, but it isn't something I had to see. The reason I will miss it is because of the kids. To me, it's sad that Disney is taking away some parades. The kids LOVE the parades. We were upset when they took away the Pixar parade at the Studios, now this one. Parades were always an iconic part of Disney. I think it is sad they are fazing them out.

woodyspal
06-13-2014, 08:59 PM
I loved this parade - so colorful and fun! I'm glad I got to see it for the first (and last) time this past year. My other favorite daytime parade was Stars and Cars - also gone. :( We've never stuck around for the MK parades - sounds like it's too much hassle to get a good viewing spot so we usually head out for a break before that time.

ransam
09-03-2014, 04:18 AM
I know it's been a while since this was posted, but I agree with most. I love this parade, and wil miss it a lot.

MrPeetrie
09-03-2014, 06:30 AM
I liked the parade. I liked the music, too. I have it on my iPod. I still listen to it regularly.

BriarRose0708
09-03-2014, 09:17 AM
I really liked this parade, and I will miss it. Unfortunately I've only seen it a handful of times since I usually only spend the mornings at AK and leave after lunch.

SBETigg
09-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Basically, I loved everything about this parade - music, costumes, animal floats - but I hated the parade itself for how it totally cut off the park while running. Several times we had gotten caught up in that mess and once even missed a reservation elsewhere because we just couldn't get out of Animal Kingdom. I'll miss it but I won't miss it.

I feel the same.

sgdisney
09-03-2014, 11:22 AM
I liked it too. Reminded me a bit of Tapestry of Nations/Dreams which is my all time favorote of Disney park parades.

Terra
09-03-2014, 12:58 PM
I liked it too. Reminded me a bit of Tapestry of Nations/Dreams which is my all time favorote of Disney park parades.

JJP wasn't my fav, but it was cute. I agree about ToN. That is truly my favorite. Even over 10 years later I still miss that parade greatly!

Katzateer
09-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I agree about ToN. That is truly my favorite. Even over 10 years later I still miss that parade greatly!

That was Stephanie's favorite. She was talking about how much she missed during on our recent August trip.

We normally don't stay at AK after lunch so only saw the parade a couple times. We were asked as a family to be in it but the girls and grandma said they would rather watch than be on a float. Only time we have ever been asked at any park so I should have just said yes without giving them a choice. Lol

badkitty
09-03-2014, 03:16 PM
I really liked when they turned it into Jingle Jungle Parade... I will miss it. :(

buzznwoodysmom
09-03-2014, 03:40 PM

My all time favorite parade as well! I understand that epcot wasn't/isn't laid out well for parades, but I really wish they had found another home for this parade.

As for JJP, we really like it, but like so many others it's been a while since we actually watched it. Loved the Christmas conversion of this one. Kinda sad to see it go, even tho we haven't taken time to see it in years.