PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort Character Breakfast

lawgirl
05-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Trying to make our dining plans, and I think I want to do a character brunch. We've done Ohana a few times and love it. Looking for something new.

I'm thinking about Chef Mickey's (been for dinner, overpriced but fun); Cape May Cafe, open for suggestions.

From what I'm seeing online is Chef Mickeys about $35 for adults and Cape May $27 for adults? Seems like Ohana was alot cheaper.

Pirate Granny
05-30-2014, 11:22 PM
We like 1900 Park Faire for breakfast :thumbsup:

Zippy 1
05-31-2014, 12:31 AM
We have done Cape May Cafe and 1900 Park Fare. We loved both and will do them again. The character interaction was great and the food wasn't bad either. That coming from someone who does not usually eat breakfast. If I had to choose between the two it would be 1900 park fare:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-31-2014, 08:29 AM
We've done the 1900 Park Fare breakfast and while the food was good but an average breakfast buffet, we loved the characters and its the best character interaction we've had.

buzznwoodysmom
05-31-2014, 12:29 PM
Normally I would suggest Ohana, a it our favorite resort character meal. However, I see you are looking for a change. We have done Chef Mickeys and Cape May several times each, and we prefer Chef Mickeys. Cape May' s breakfast buffet seemed very blah compared to other character buffets we have been to.

lawgirl
06-01-2014, 10:25 AM
We love Ohana too. But I'm really looking for somewhere with Minnie Mouse, for my daughter. And to try something new!

I think Chef Mickey's may be it.

Kairi_7378
06-01-2014, 09:05 PM
I'd go with Chef Mickey's.

TheRustyScupper
06-02-2014, 07:37 AM
OUR WDW CHARACTER MEAL & BUFFET RANKINGS (*JANUARY 2014*):

Best Food (quality first, then variety):
. . . Tusker House
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Ohana
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Garden Grove
. . . Akershus Royal Banquet
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Crystal Palace
. . . Cinderella Royal Table (since new menu)
. . . Chef Mickey's

Best Character Interaction (time with guest first, then friendliness):
. . . Tusker House
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Ohana
. . . Garden Grove
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Chef Mickey's
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Cinderella Royal Table
. . . Crystal Palace (barely enough time for a photo)

Best Atmosphere (surroundings and ambiance):
. . . Cinderella Royal Table
. . . Tusker House
. . . Ohana
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Crystal Palace
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Garden Grove
. . . Chef Mickey's

NOTE: Results are listed from best to worst. Overall, Tusker House wins due to best
food and the length of time the characters stay at each table. A close second is 1900 Park
Fare. By far, Chef Mickey's is the loser, due to mediocre character interaction and almost
terrible in quality. The very distant second worst is Cinderella Royal Table, due to brief
time at tables for characters and the new menu.