PDA

View Full Version : Mine Ride in Magic Kindom

VacationDisney
05-30-2014, 01:04 PM
How long a ride is the new Mine Ride in MK? I have watched a few videos and it seems rather a short ride. I can't seem to find out the length of this ride:mad:

Thanks in advance to the answer to my question:confused:

cer
05-30-2014, 02:33 PM
John says 2.5 minutes...

VacationDisney
05-30-2014, 02:34 PM

Terra
06-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Yes it's about 2 minutes. We rode it today for the first time!
I think people need to remember going in that it is in FantasyLand, it's a children's oriented attraction, not a big thrill ride.

That said, we LOVED it! Yes it was short. But the theme-ing is wonderful. I love how it slows down in the mine and all the jewels in there!

Kudos to the Imagineers!!!

DKA041177
06-02-2014, 08:49 AM
I can't wait to experience the attraction! I have seen a little bit of negative feedback from folks going in and thinking that is was going to be a thrill ride for some reason.

MargaretMessler
06-02-2014, 06:58 PM
I can't wait to experience the attraction! I have seen a little bit of negative feedback from folks going in and thinking that is was going to be a thrill ride for some reason.

It's the misconception that "roller coaster" means fast & furious. Personally I love all the fantasyland attractions (new and old) for that whole "be a kid again" feeling. The videos look fantastic for the mine train ride, and we will for sure be doing it at least twice - once standby to see the entire queue and once FP.

Erin C.
06-04-2014, 10:50 AM
I knew it wasn't a "thrill" ride and I was pleasantly surprised how much fun it was!!! Enjoy it!!! :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
06-04-2014, 01:11 PM
I didn't have high expectations for this attraction, but was very much surprised how much I loved it. I've heard the thrill described as between Barnstormer and Big Thunder, but I thought it was a little more thrilling than Big Thunder. The attraction is just so well done, so smooth, and lively, that it makes it hard not to like (unless you are looking for RocknRollercoaster type thrills). I loved how all three times we rode it, people began to sing after Doc exclaims "HI HO"! Just a fun attraction.:thumbsup:

Aurora
06-07-2014, 12:19 PM
It will be awhile before I get to ride this (next trip is Disneyland), but from watching the videos, I think this might turn out to be a very popular ride even after the newness wears off.

It's appealing to all age groups, It's got a combination of roller coaster and dark ride, and most important, it's got that "feel-good" factor.

I remember reading that Walt wanted people to be smiling when they left an attraction, and this one seems to do the trick.