PDA

View Full Version : Poly Beach Closure

eandrsmom
05-29-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm considering booking for July 4th week. I was able to get a decent rate on a standard room. The main reason for considering the resort is the proximity to MK during the holiday week. We'd like to watch the fireworks from the beach. I've now read on other sites that the beach is closed. Is it the whole beach, or just a portion of the beach?

mechanic
05-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Tikiman will see this and post. But from his previous comments, it looks like most closures will take place after july 28. Including the pool.

Polynesian Dweller
05-30-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm considering booking for July 4th week. I was able to get a decent rate on a standard room. The main reason for considering the resort is the proximity to MK during the holiday week. We'd like to watch the fireworks from the beach. I've now read on other sites that the beach is closed. Is it the whole beach, or just a portion of the beach?

Just the east portion of the main beach at the moment. But there will likely be a part of the western died when the pool refurb starts lat Juky or early Aug.

For your time frame there should be no issues for people staying there. But be sure to take you magic bands with you to the beach because there are reports of CMs checking for them and only allowing resort guests in the beach. That will certainly be the case over July 4. Otherwise, rest assured that as a Poly guest you will be able to see the fireworks from the beach.

tikiman
05-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Each 3rd and 4th of July they try different ways of keeping non-resort guests off the beach. Some years have been more successful than others. I would think with the east side of the shoreline closed off and access from the TTC being limited to one route it will be much easier to check the paths getting to the beach. It has also been very difficult to get into the parking lot lately. I have had Cast Members tell me they could not get into the parking lot.

We use to go every 4th of July but it got too crazy with locals and non-resort guests so we stopped going but when we were there we have been checked for ID coming out of the back of the GCH, at the beach and one year they were checking ID for people getting onto the resort monorail at the Magic Kingdom to see if they were staying in a monorail resort. After this year the beach and pool will only be accessible through a gate using resort ID so they won’t have any issues.

If you go there to eat and want to go out to the beach, don’t be surprised if you are stopped.

eandrsmom
05-30-2014, 09:39 PM
We will have our Magicbands, so I'm not concerned about having them checked. I'm actually glad that they are enforcing things so that it won't be too crowded for those people staying at the resort. I just didn't want to spend the extra money to stay there if we couldn't access the beach.