PDA

View Full Version : We are here!

Cinderelley
05-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Well, it was a rough day yesterday, but we are here and having fun. :D

I worked the night before and had to head straight from work to the airport. We had a last night motor vehicle collision patient come in, which delayed when I left work. I was racing to the airport when I got a text from the airline saying my flight had been delayed by an hour. (God was definitely watching out for me. ;)) The flight went smoothly, but my connecting flight was also delayed by an hour.

When I finally arrived in Phoenix, Scott picked me up and we headed for my doctor's office for a quick appointment. We stopped at the White Chocolate Grill for lunch. I love my doctor. We were in and out in 15 mins, and then set out for California. After being up for over 24 hours, I think I was asleep before we were even out of Phoenix.

Scott woke me up around Indio, and I helped him navigate the rest of the way. Once we arrived at Paradise Pier, things went awry again. The cast member at the check in desk asked if we had the package delivered to our house or held at the hotel. I was like "um, what package?". Apparently all our tickets and stuff were mailed to my house. Being a travel nurse, I hadn't been to my house in like two months. Hmmm. It was pretty late at night, so I figured we could deal with it in the morning. Scott, on the other hand, was fuming. He is Bipolar and OCD. I pointed out to him that no one is perfect and things would be ok.
As I said that, we walked into our room - which had only one bed . . . so it was back down to the front desk. I told the cast member, "we're close friends, but not that close." Mason, the CM, was amazing throughout all of this, and moved us to another room - one that had a view of California Adventure. :D
I zipped an email to Kathy at Magical Journeys first thing in the morning. Even though it was her day off, she had everything fixed by the time we were done eating breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen.
I'll do a trip report when we get back, but I just wanted to tell you guys how wonderful everyone has been with all the bumps in the road. :D

EeyoresBestFriend
05-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Good for you for seeing the magic in what was a rough start! You're now in Disney - what could be better?? :thumbsup:

Melanie
05-29-2014, 05:14 AM
Oh goodness, yeah, you had a bit of a bumpy road, but hopefully now you can relax. I love PPH when I get that amazing view. Have a great time! :mickey:

AvonleaCF
06-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Sounds like quite the adventure! Glad it all worked out in the end. Looking forward to hearing more (and hopefully the rest of the trip went fabulously and smoothly!)