PDA

View Full Version : Fitbit

JanetMegan
05-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Does anyone have one? Do they keep a fairly good account of distance traveled? Is there a diet type program included where you can track your food (like my fitnesspal has?)

I've lost a BUNCH of weight this year and as I can become more and more active I'm looking at different ways to up my activity.

TheDuckRocks
05-28-2014, 11:18 AM
I hope someone comes along with an answer.
Being a Weight Watcher member, I know they have a product called an ActiveLink that seems to be almost the same thing. Many of my fellow class members have one; love it, swear by it and wear them at all times. I am such a slug I have been too embarrassed to get one.
After looking at the Fitbit website this one looks like it could be the answer for me. No one needs to know I've got one, the results do not go into my WW online profile/tracker. The initial Fitbit price of $59.95 is more than the ActiveLink of $39.95, but the ActiveLink requires a $5 monthly fee and I can't see that there is any additional fee with Fitbit.

JanetMegan
05-28-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm actually looking at the $99 one-the wrist band one. My only other concern (and this sounds funny) I hate the thought of having a wrist band suntan line ;)

TheDuckRocks
05-28-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm actually looking at the $99 one-the wrist band one. My only other concern (and this sounds funny) I hate the thought of having a wrist band suntan line ;)

That is why I think I'd get the Zip one. Although on the comparison chart it looks like it doesn't have as many features as the $99 one.
Also wearing a wrist band one would mean 2 wrist bands for Disney trips. No room for my Mickey Mouse watch unless I grow a third arm. :D

AZ Disney
05-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Yes, they do work pretty well. I have it and the only thing is that I do not really like the bracelet one ($99) it feels strange on my wrist and bothers me when I sleep (it tracks sleep patterns). You can sync to my fitness pal. I have not done that yet. You can also sync up with your friends for some friendly competition. One of my girlfriends uses the one that she just tucks away in her bra. When I first started using it I was amazed how sedentary I was....only about 2000 steps from 8am-5pm (working), I would make up for it after work to 7k or so or if I really pushed to the 10K mark.
Hope that helps.

Juicy1122
05-28-2014, 06:32 PM
I bought a Fitbit right before our Disney trip earlier this month. It was great hitting the goal before noon most days and it showed on average walking about 7-10 miles a day. I am not sure how much going on rides skewed the results tho. I wore the fitbit on the same arm as my magic band and was surprised that it didn't really bother me at all and I forgot I was wearing most of the time. (I am not one to wear jewelry or watches b/c it typically bothers me). I did sync my fitbit with myfitnesspal and plan to start using both together.

The fitbit was definitely worth the money.:thumbsup:

Tinkerfan4ever
05-30-2014, 10:39 AM
I have the fitbit one. (Not the wristband one). I absolutely love it. It came with a cover that can clip on my pants, bra/tank strap etc. I have found it to be very accurate, as I walked a mile on the track and it said I had walked 1.01 miles, so in my book that is pretty much right on. I ordered it directly from the fitbit site.

It also has an app that I have on my phone that syncs to the fitbit. The app has some additional tools that can help with exercise or food consumption. All in all, I think you will be pleased with a fitbit.

caryrae
06-17-2014, 12:20 PM
My SIL has one. I remember reading, not sure how true it is but I read they the one on your wrist can be less accurate because you move your arms even when sitting or just standing so it thinks you moving when your really not. Does this sound like a possibility?