Melanie
05-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend -
January 15-18, 2015
:ewok::darth::trooper::yoda::chewy:

All Events at Disneyland Resort:
Star Wars Half Marathon - Sunday, January 18, 5:30am
Star Wars 10K - Saturday, January 17, 5:30am
Star Wars Rebel Challenge (10K and Half Marathon) - Saturday, January 17-Sunday, January 18
Star Wars 5K - Friday, January 16, 5:30
runDisney Kids Races - Saturday, January 16, Simba Lot near DTD

Opens June 10, 2014 at NOON!

Event Costs:
Star Wars Half Marathon
$195 by July 22, 2014
$210 between July 23 and August 19, 2014
$225 on or after August 20, 2014

Star Wars 10K
$105 by July 22, 2014
$120 between July 23 and August 19, 2014
$135 on or after August 20, 2014

Star Wars Rebel Challenge
$320 by July 22, 2014
$345 between July 23 and August 19, 2014
$370 on or after August 20, 2014

Star Wars 5K
$70 by August 23, 2014
$80 on or after August 24, 2014

runDisney Kids Races
$20 by August 23, 2014
$25 on or after August 24, 2014

Official Page Here (http://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-half-marathon/)

PirateLover
05-27-2014, 08:40 PM
UGH So many cool races I wish we could participate in! I would need a fairy race godmother to pay for all of our expenses!

Christine
05-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Could you imagine folks' PTO / vacation requests that want to do marathon weekend at wdw, castaway challenge, and Star Wars in Disneyland? That's like what-3 weeks & $12k in vacation/travel/ registration fees? COULD you do it all- does the cruise overlap Star Wars?

Getting hard to keep it all straight. But it's great fun :) I'll be there and am anxious to see it all!!

PirateLover
05-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Getting hard to keep it all straight. But it's great fun :) I'll be there and am anxious to see it all!!

Will you be running or volunteering?

Christine
05-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Will you be running or volunteering?

Both- running 5&10, working Medical tent for 1/2

badkitty
06-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Annual Passholder early registration opens tomorrow, June 4th! :thumbsup: So excited!!

The link is up on the DL PH site but it is not active yet. Nothing so far on the WDW PH site. :chewy:

badkitty
06-04-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm in for the Rebel Challenge!! Woo hoo!

Melanie
06-04-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm in for the Rebel Challenge!! Woo hoo!

Awesome!!!

Christine
06-04-2014, 01:12 PM
I got the 10K! (Have to work the 1/2 :( )

Yay The Star Wars!

Melanie
06-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Wowsa...the Rebel Challenge pre slots went FAST! Even a kid's race sold out.

Christine, is John going with you?

badkitty
06-05-2014, 12:55 AM
I got the 10K! (Have to work the 1/2 :( )

Yay The Star Wars!

Cool! I'll see ya at the 10K!

badkitty
06-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Awesome!!!

Thanks Mel! I'm super excited!

I heard the Rebel Challenge AP/DVC slots went in less than 10 minutes. Yikes!

brownie
06-07-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm going to try to get into the Rebel Challenge. I'll be trying to register at 12pm EDT on Tuesday while I'm at work. Hope there are no distractions at noon on Tuesday!

BrerGnat
06-08-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm going to try to get into the Rebel Challenge. I'll be trying to register at 12pm EDT on Tuesday while I'm at work. Hope there are no distractions at noon on Tuesday!

Me too. Well, I'll be registering my husband. I'm very nervous about the website crashing. He really wants to do the Rebel Challenge and get his coast to coast medal. Hopefully I will be able to join him and cheer him on but we are also doing the WDW Marathon weekend and I'm not sure yet if we can swing all going to CA a week later.

Lacy
06-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Not in the cards for me in 2015 since I'm doing Avengers this year - can't wait to hear how it is. And the challenge would be super fun - I was bummed about no Avengers challenge.

Anyone planning to do the pre-race party? It sounds a lot better than the typical pasta in the park - I did that once and don't find it worth the $.

Also, anyone else find it strange that everything is Star Wars Weekend presented by Sierra Nevada company? Really Disney doesn't make enough on these races that they can't do it without a major sponsor??? I don't mind and think it is great that companies sponsor running events but it seems like RunDisney is a money maker for Disney with as much as they are able to charge for registration. Not complaining as I feel like it is worth the money just find it peculiar that they have a sponsor in the name and wondered if anyone else noticed.

badkitty
06-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Good luck all going for registration tomorrow. May the force be with you!

jonahbear2006
06-10-2014, 02:45 AM
I signed up for Rebel Challenge on the 4th with DVC. Not sure how this will go a week after Dopey but hey, let's have fun!!! See you all on the course!

BrerGnat
06-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Not in the cards for me in 2015 since I'm doing Avengers this year - can't wait to hear how it is. And the challenge would be super fun - I was bummed about no Avengers challenge.

Anyone planning to do the pre-race party? It sounds a lot better than the typical pasta in the park - I did that once and don't find it worth the $.

Also, anyone else find it strange that everything is Star Wars Weekend presented by Sierra Nevada company? Really Disney doesn't make enough on these races that they can't do it without a major sponsor??? I don't mind and think it is great that companies sponsor running events but it seems like RunDisney is a money maker for Disney with as much as they are able to charge for registration. Not complaining as I feel like it is worth the money just find it peculiar that they have a sponsor in the name and wondered if anyone else noticed.

All of the Run Disney races have sponsors. The Marathon weekend in January is sponsored by Cigna. The smaller races often have a few sponsors.

In this case, Sierra Nevada Corporation is a military defense contractor. I guess it's appropriate given that Star Wars is about, well, war.

AgentC
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Rebel Challenge is 90% full less than 20 minutes after registration opened.

Hope everyone who wanted it got it.

Also there was a problem with registering for the 10K. According to RunDisney's Twitter account it is now fixed.

BrerGnat
06-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Got my husband in for the Rebel Challenge. Geez, that was stressful! I got two error messages and a page that failed to load. I had to do it THREE times before I got a confirmation. Whew! Good thing I was on the computer right at noon.

AgentC
06-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Got my husband in for the Rebel Challenge. Geez, that was stressful! I got two error messages and a page that failed to load. I had to do it THREE times before I got a confirmation. Whew! Good thing I was on the computer right at noon.

Congratulations for getting him in! :)

brownie
06-10-2014, 03:54 PM

No kidding. It seems like the site was crashing at the noon. I got into the Rebel Challenge. Everything is all sold out now.

Lacy
06-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Congrats to those that got registered! How long before the servers can't handle the loads and they go to a lottery?

BrerGnat - I know they always have sponsors just found it strange that they seemed to be drawing more attention to the sponsor on this one.

Can't wait to hear all about this one including the challenges and party.

BrerGnat
06-11-2014, 08:48 AM
I assume the sponsor has some say over how heavily promoted they are. Being that this is a rather unknown company they probably wanted as much exposure as Disney would grant them. I know we looked it up once we realized it wasn't the beer brewery. ;) And now we know who they are and what they do I think sharing a name with a popular beer company probably causes some confusion for this company and they wanted it to be clear that they were sponsors, and not the brewery, hence the overuse of Sierra Nevada Corporation in all the press about the run.

brownie
01-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Hope everyone's ready for this coming weekend! Our youngest, Mark, is going with me, though he'll probably be sawing logs while I'm running.

What's everyone's plans for the weekend? We're hitting California Adventure on Friday afternoon/evening after we get checked and I pick up my race packet. Saturday we're headed to Disneyland Park after I finish the 10K.

We're headed home on Sunday after the half-marathon.

Christine
01-13-2015, 05:11 PM
We arrive at LAX at 9:30 am and are headed straight to Expo. Then we will check in at GC. My daughter and I run Saturday in the 10k. DH & DD leave Monday and I leave Tuesday.

I am hoping to see some of Yall out there!! Trader SAMs anyone?? ;)

badkitty
01-14-2015, 10:54 AM
We arrive at John Wayne @ 10:55am. We are taking the bus so I figure we won't get to the resort area before noon. I will probably drop the luggage off and then head to the expo. (I so hope there is still a magnet left!) We leave early Monday morning.

The 10K/half challenge is going to take everything I have so "early-to-bed" and "no alcohol" for me this trip. :(

Maybe we can do a quick meet somewhere? I would love to meet at Trader Sam's but I don't think I can as the temptation will be too great and it might be too late. HA!

I'm wishing you all great speed on your races!

MAY THE COURSE BE WITH YOU!

brownie
01-14-2015, 07:11 PM
I am hoping to see some of Yall out there!! Trader SAMs anyone?? ;)

When? I'd like to try to get there :beer:

Christine
01-14-2015, 09:54 PM
When? I'd like to try to get there :beer:

I'm thinking I'll be there tomorrow and again on
Sunday :) but I'm pretty open

badkitty
01-15-2015, 10:08 AM
I'll stop by and say hi. Just let me know what time works!

brownie
01-15-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm thinking I'll be there tomorrow and again on
Sunday :) but I'm pretty open

It'll have to be tomorrow for me then; we fly home Sunday afternoon. It'll be up to Mark if I can make it over there so I'll have to see how things are going.