PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars RACES???

Yungbuck73
05-27-2014, 07:49 AM
Just saw a video from RunDisney on fb. What does this mean???????

Melanie
05-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Just coming here to post! ;)

Well, it certainly looks like tease for the long rumored Star Wars races (which will hopefully take place at Disneyland in the old Tink space).

See the video here (http://youtu.be/VNm9U-OW4jQ)

Yungbuck73
05-27-2014, 08:25 AM
U think it will be at DLR? I would think maybe at WDW since they just got a new race with Avengers. Just my opinion.

Melanie
05-27-2014, 09:37 AM
U think it will be at DLR? I would think maybe at WDW since they just got a new race with Avengers. Just my opinion.

I do. Spread the love, as WDW already has 5 runDisney events, and Disneyland has 3. :thumbsup:

Also, why move Tinker Bell to May from February? You'd think they'd still like to have a race during that time period when it's cooler.

Of course, just my opinion as well. I know nothing about nothing. ;)

AgentC
05-27-2014, 09:58 AM
The buzz is Disneyland Jan 15-18 . And opinions on the RunDisney FB page are very mixed. There is a lot of people loving it but a lot of WDW people are mad that DL got both cool new geek themes plus some complaints again about moving Tink to May.

For me, it would be really hard to do that and WDW marathon weekend.

Guess I'll hold out for Paris ;)

Melanie
05-27-2014, 10:27 AM
My earlier post should have said why move Tink from January to May, not February. :blush:

Yeah, I don't see us doing this inaugural one either, as it's just too close to WDW Marathon Weekend. It'd be different if we were local to one (which we will be again one day!). And since we decided to do Wine & Dine this year, that ruled out Avengers for us as well. It's super tough when the races are so close together.

I get the complaints, but not sure where they'd put another race at WDW. A nighttime Star Wars half marathon would have been cool though, and that could be more in the middle of the year.

And yes....we're holding out for Paris as well! :D

amorillo
05-27-2014, 10:27 AM
a lot of WDW people are mad that DL got both cool new geek themes

My thoughts exactly! Plenty of geeks on the east coast!! What about us? :shrug:

Melanie
05-27-2014, 10:31 AM
There is a lot of people loving it but a lot of WDW people are mad that DL got both cool new geek themes

Oh, and keep in mind that the Avengers race has to be at Disneyland because of the contract with Universal.

I get such a chuckle reading the runDisney FB page. When I need some entertainment, I know where to head. :D

BrerGnat
05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
I am glad they are doing this race at Disneyland, because WDW gets SW Weekends every year. It's only fair to sort of balance the Star Wars "special events" on both coasts a bit more.

Unfortunately, the timing is terrible since we are already committed to the WDW Marathon weekend next year. I suppose the SW races will have to wait until 2016 for us.

AgentC
05-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Oh, and keep in mind that the Avengers race has to be at Disneyland because of the contract with Universal.

I get such a chuckle reading the runDisney FB page. When I need some entertainment, I know where to head. :D

Me too, Mel! :popcorn:

Avengers does make sense for the reason you stated and it's been pointed out that WDW already had Star Wars Weekend and they need something Star Wars in DL.

The main explanation for moving Tink seems to be that they could not have a Star Wars race and SWW during the same month.

I've also seen some complaints that WDW needs more themed races, but I don't really see that as an issue. Sure the Princess is a female themed race but I think of all the others as pretty generic and it's not men who like Star Wars or Marvel. Those Avengers have a pretty strong female following. ;)

Melanie
05-27-2014, 12:26 PM
It's announced officially. Going to get the official thread up now.