PDA

View Full Version : What secrets have I forgotten?

Jack Skellington
05-25-2014, 01:30 AM
So, as I have mentioned in previous, recent posts, it is our first time back in 4 years. I used to think I knew a lot of the key secrets, tips and tricks for an efficient, stress free, fun trip to WDW.

Now, it's been so long I think I have forgotten much (and much has changed). So, calling upon everyone out here. What secrets, tips and tricks are you willing to share for our upcoming visit in 2 weeks?

Thanks, in advance!

JS:mickey:

Arielfan98
05-25-2014, 09:44 AM
ALWAYS use the memorized park map to your advantage. Everyone in my family has all park maps memorized so going to the parks is a breeze and we know where all the bathrooms, shops and rides are. Second, always make sure you have a FP+ reserved for SM, Rock N' Roller Coaster, EE, Soarin', Peter Pan's Flight, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, ToT, and any others I forgot to list or rides you really like. Third, have a food strategy plan. Are you having the DP? Are you cooking your own food? Or just paying as you go? Figure out how much this will cost you, where you want to go based on your dining plan.

Bruegge
05-25-2014, 11:11 AM
June will be my first trip back in 7 years. This new FP thing looks great to me... I never caught on to the idea that I had to walk a mile to get to a ride just so I could get a note telling when I could come back....(sarcasm intended)

Then plan around that... find something else to do... make sure THAT didn't take too long but was long enough. Then rush back to where I was before.

On my last trip we booked too many ADR's. I had 2 a day... breakfast, lunch or dinner. It seemed we spent way too much time squeezing attractions in between and traveling to and from them... I have no more than 1 a day now.. usually 7-8pm dinners.

I feel (now that I'm 55, DW DD15, DD10) that we should have some down time... (Sleep in a little on some days ..no rush to get to rope drops) So I've booked my fp's close together and stuck a ride in-between each. My first day after a late nite arivale looks like this:
- AK park. Ride Dinosaur first. Expedition Everest 11:50-12:50, Pangali forest Trail, Kilamanjaro Safaries- 12:55-1:55, Flights of Wonder bird show 1:45pm, Kali River Rapids- 2:25-3:25
- Dinner at Citricos at 7:15pm.

I plan to get In..get out and enjoy the resort pool (GF) and a nice dinner afterwards.. the option to hit MK after dinner if we want is always there..

THAT is kinda my plan of attack.... 8 Days in the World.. I hope mine will be fun and restful.

Let me know what you think. If you want to see day 2 I'd love to hear your thoughts on it also... You guys are the Pros.

Jack Skellington
05-26-2014, 02:14 AM
Thanks all! Keep the tips coming everyone! Brugge, please share your Day 2 plan.

Bruegge
05-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks all! Keep the tips coming everyone! Brugge, please share your Day 2 plan.

Day 2 is MK. the plan is to get up and hit MK just after rope drop (the anna/elsa rush and mine train are rope drop messes we will avoid..we have FP's for them later in the week.)

We are going to the Illuminations dessert party and will (hopefully) enjoy it and late EMH hours at Epcot after a nice afternoon break..

That being said.... copied from my notes: Reservations are bold

Friday, June 20th: Leave for MK at 8:30am.

- Spend morning at Magic Kingdom. Hit Starbucks in MK for coffee and light breakfast?

- FP for Peter Pan Flight 9:35- 10:45,

It's a small World,

BTMRR. 10:35-11:35

Pirates of the Caribbean,

Prince Charming's Carousel (on the way to lunch),

Lunch Cinderella's Castle 11:55,

Splash mtn 1:50-2:50 Doing this 2nd to last, just in case we get soaked..

Ride the WDW Train to front of park.... leave for hotel (GF).

- Must take a break in the early Afternoon... Late nite at Epcot

-Dinner at Epcot..walk around.
-Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot at 7:45pm

- illuminations afterwards... Epcot has Late EMH 9-11pm. Test Track after Illuminations, if possible...Spaceship earth, or Maelstrom also.

... I know it's not an Attack plan.... we want to make sure we don't overwhelm ourselves, If we want to stay longer ...we can.. If we get too hot or tired we can leave... I'm just trying to get a plan set up so DW and I are not "looking at maps... and pointing in different directions" (get the visual??)

Jack Skellington
05-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Love the visual Bruegge!

Looks like a good plan. I wholeheartedly agree with your approach to take it "easy" with plans for afternoon breaks, etc.

We are headed down soon, with a first day at AK on June 8. I know that my daughters (5yrs old and 20 months old) will need down time and that will be a very nice way to connect and ensure they get the most out of this vacation. There are so many "little things" that are great to experience beyond the big rides and attractcions, some of which can be missed if one is rushing to get to the next E-Ticket attraction.

I think you and I are definitely on the same wave-length in our planning.

Good luck! And, keep posting if you want, it's very fun to read.

Bruegge
05-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Love the visual Bruegge!

Good luck! And, keep posting if you want, it's very fun to read.

I'll do day 6.. Day of our 25th Anniversary

DW gets a spa day... no park for Mom. Mani, Pedi, Massage and lay around the GF spa all day... (what was that old fast food commercial CHA-Ching!! LOL)

DD 15, DD10 and I hit the fast rides at DHS(mom won't do the really fast, upside down rides anymore).. come back hit the pool.. and the girls go out on their own while Mom and I hit V&A for dinner... See Below:

Tuesday June 24th: Leave for DHS at 10:30 or Epcot at 7:00am (if we missed anything on Monday)

If no Epcot
Sleep in,
Mom's Spa Day...
Hollywood studios -

RnRC 11:05-12:05,

Tower of Terror 12:05-1:05,

Star Tours 1:20-2:20,

Voyage of the Little Mermaid.(maybe)

Finish Early...Dinner at Victoria and Albert's Queen Victoria room at 6:00pm

Optional: Downtown Disney afterwards, MK is still open till 1:00 AM

We never know about rain, fatigue, crowds (for the most part) and always hope for the best, but we still have to have a PLAN in place. We just make it out of rubberbands (flexible) not concrete..

No rushing, no frantic rope drops, Add a ride.. Skip a ride... no problems..It may be lame for some... but hey... I want to leave Disney with a smile on my face that will have people guessing at home for days.

Jack Skellington
05-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Another question: I know if the new Haunted Mansion queue interactive features, but what other such interactive features are scattered around the parks?

I am thinking specifically about some of the interactive features of the Indiana Jones attraction queue at DLR, etc. I hear there are some neat new features in the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train queue.

Thanks,

Susan A
05-27-2014, 05:08 PM
There are activities in the Winnie the Pooh queue, but they are kid oriented. I can't remember if you mentioned if there are kids in your party or not.

ransam
08-28-2014, 02:55 AM
#1-Have fun

paragon
08-28-2014, 12:32 PM
If I reveal secrets, then they won't be mine anymore-....

Actually my favorite tip has always been to use the resort monorails to get to MK, its never as crowded. Most people don't realize that they are on the same loop only reversed.