PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Tutto Italia, please!

Boost
05-24-2014, 08:47 AM
We have reservations for our family of five for Tutto Italia tonight. My wife made the reservations and I was looking up the menu and came across quite a few very negative reviews on a travel site.

The common threads in the reviews were:

-Food is terrible for the price
-Service is slow
-Nothing exceptional

Please advise...thank you!

Itchy
05-24-2014, 11:35 AM
I have not seen any negative reviews but I have not looked for any as my lady friend and I go there quite often. We find the experience very formal and enjoyable.

We have ADR's already for our Sept trip.

The food there is authentic Italian as the chef and the wait staff are from Italy. We have never had a bad meal or server yet.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-24-2014, 11:51 AM
We have only eaten at Via Napoli once, but everything we ordered was excellent. Best pizza you will find on Disney property hands down. We didn't have any issues with service. We found our meal to take about as long as any other TS meal on property. The only reason we haven't been back is became there are so many places in Epcot we have yet to try. I imagine it will be a repeat in the future tho.

drhama
05-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Love this restaurant. A must do on every trip. Food has always been awesome. Love talking to the servers about their home regions. Service can be a bit inconsistent but have never had a bad experience. Enjoy.

BrerGnat
05-24-2014, 01:35 PM
I prefer Via Napoli overall but Tutto is good as well. Tutto is more "fancy" overall and a bit more expensive. We've had excellent service at both places.

VWL Mom
05-24-2014, 02:28 PM
We've been many times and enjoy it there. You can set the tone with the service. We tend to linger over meals and enjoy that they do not rush us. If you want to eat fast, let them know, I'm sure they'll accommodate. Enjoy!

Mickey'sGirl
05-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Tutto Italia is very good authentic Italian food. The risotto was fabulous. We had terrific service there in December.

VacationDisney
05-24-2014, 04:20 PM
We have eaten there on a few trips to WDW and been VERY happy with the restaurant:cloud9:

SBETigg
05-24-2014, 05:14 PM
There are always negative reviews, for any venue. People with something negative to say are far more vocal than people who only have praise. Sadly, people usually don't take the time to heap praise, but they're willing to gripe. I never let the negatives stop me. Every experience is different. People are different. I hope you go and have a great time.

akaDisneyDreamer
05-25-2014, 12:12 AM
We have never had a bad experience at Tutto Italia! This is actually one of our favorite places to eat. Found the food delicious and the service has always been quite good. Hope you enjoy it as well! :mickey:

Arielfan98
05-25-2014, 09:35 AM
My family went there when it first opened and the service was slow. Secondly, considering we come from southern NY, where really good Italian food is found, we weren't too impressed with the menu (but it was still good food). Third, the most degrading part of the experience was that our waitress was obviously Italian and did not speak very good English. So every other line or so she'd look at us with a puzzled expression and try to repeat what she thought we had meant in English. The language barrier annoyed us because we weren't using difficult English, we were ordering things off the menu. Other than that frustration it was ok.
My advice is to give it a try. It seems they have improved by the amount of positive reviews on this thread. Buon apetito! :mickey: