PDA

View Full Version : WiFi/MDE Glitches

disneynarula
05-24-2014, 04:36 AM
Since we will be traveling from overseas it will be super expensive to use our cell phones in the parks unless they are on WiFi.

A few years ago this worked out well for us. It was a little slow but still functioned. We used it to communicate with each other as well as check on ADRs, wait times, etc.

However now with FastPass+ being implemented I wonder how the WiFi is at the parks now? We will be relying on it pretty heavily.

I am also concerned that if there is a glitch with MDE or with the WiFi at the parks that we will be stuck without access to our ADR and FastPass+ information. The other day I tried to change an ADR and MDE could not find any of our reservations.

If I print out hard copies of our reservation numbers will that be sufficient to retrieve information?

I honestly think that in our situation FastPass+ will be great. We like to stay at the parks late and sleep in. It will be nice to be able to book a FastPass for TSM in the late afternoon rather than drag everyone out of bed to get to Hollywood first thing in the morning.

CanadianWDWFan
05-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Being from Canada we too find that the data rates are outrageous. Last December we used the WiFi in the parks with MDE and had no issues. The Wifi worked in the resorts as well. I found that whenever we were on the bus we would have no service but as we were approaching the parks or resorts my phone would let me know it was connected to Disney's WiFi system again. It worked out really well, I was actually surprised how "fast" it was.

I wouldn't printout hard copies, just another thing to carry in the parks. What we did was put our ADRs and FP times in our calendars and set the alarms. Worked like a charm. We included our reservation numbers on all of our calendar events. Never had any issue as long as we knew the number and times.

disneynarula
05-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Using the alarms is a great idea. :thumbsup:
I am glad to hear the Wi Fi worked out for you.