PDA

View Full Version : Going digital with Disney souvenirs

TheVBs
05-22-2014, 02:52 PM
In the past, I've kept all kinds of stuff from our Disney trips. I would put what I could in the scrapbooks and the rest would end up in a bin in the basement. I've recently switched from scrapbooks to photobooks, and we've gotten rid of all kinds of stuff to make space in our house. So, this trip, I decided I would scan everything scan-able from our trip, use what I wanted in the photobook and toss it! Well, I've scanned everything, now I'm looking at it and can't yet bring myself to throw it away. :blush: Like my F&GF passport. I got most of the stamps! I've scanned them all, but how do I throw it away? Does anyone else do this?

BrerGnat
05-22-2014, 03:07 PM
It's hard, but I have gotten much better about throwing stuff away. However, Disney stuff can OFTEN be sold on Ebay. You would be amazed at what people will buy. People buy old park maps, NAPKINS, etc. Maybe you can make a little bit of money and be glad that your "prized possessions" are living on in someone else's home.

PirateLover
05-22-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm understand. I try to prioritize things. We hold onto maps and special items- something like the passport, we'd hold on to. We've held onto unused Fast Passes, which I'm now glad for since they are thing of the past! Then again I'm a bit of a pack rat, and a historian as well, so I love ephemera. I think it's so cool when I find items from my parents' and grandparents' past. So my test is usually "Would someone 20 years from now find this interesting?" If not, it gets tossed. If yes, it gets scrapbooked or put in a memento box.