PDA

View Full Version : Mine Train Soft Openings

Melanie
05-22-2014, 01:17 PM
My friend is at the MK today and just got to ride. Maybe this is old news (haven't been keeping up with social media this week), but looks like soft openings are a go.

DizneyFreak2002
05-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Yep, softs started yesterday... Opened briefly in the morning on Wednesday... Not sure if they opened the rest of the day.. But softs are now happening...

Terra
05-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to take my kiddos to ride it next Saturday. I have FP+ for it! :)

LudwigVonDrake
05-22-2014, 04:53 PM
49 days until I can ride it for the first time. I have a FP+ on July 9 :mickey:

MyDisneyworld
05-22-2014, 08:29 PM
7 days and I can ride it...... FP's are ready to go.

Bruegge
05-23-2014, 07:45 AM
27 days, I got two FP's (just to be safe) one on day 5 and one on day 8 (Day 5 is a nite ride)

badjujue
05-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Was at Walt Disney world for the 4 day memorial day weekend. I got to ride the mine train. Now it's a nice ride but I was a little disappointed. One the ride is extremely short and two thunder mountain is faster. The effect are awesome but for how long this took to build and complete one time one it is good for me. Unfortunately a lot of people getting off this attraction had the same take of it

darthmacho
05-26-2014, 01:54 AM
Saw it via youtube video. Seems tame, but a great ride for visuals. It seems more of a dark ride/thrill ride combo. I can't wait to see it in person.

DKA041177
05-27-2014, 09:05 AM
I absolutely cannot wait for September when I can get down there and experience it!

RBrooksC
05-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Was at Walt Disney world for the 4 day memorial day weekend. I got to ride the mine train. Now it's a nice ride but I was a little disappointed. One the ride is extremely short and two thunder mountain is faster. The effect are awesome but for how long this took to build and complete one time one it is good for me. Unfortunately a lot of people getting off this attraction had the same take of it

It isn't supposed to be faster than BTMT. It isn't supposed to be a "thrill" ride. It is supposed to be an extension of the traditional dark ride.

I've seen videos of it and it looks like they have captured exactly what they wanted to with this ride.

PlutoPlanet
05-27-2014, 05:35 PM
We could not ride last week. Folks were waiting in line "just in case" the public was allowed to ride. I passed on that.

MrPeetrie
05-27-2014, 06:17 PM
It isn't supposed to be faster than BTMT. It isn't supposed to be a "thrill" ride. It is supposed to be an extension of the traditional dark ride.

I've seen videos of it and it looks like they have captured exactly what they wanted to with this ride.

RBrooksC, I totally agree with your assessment. It appears to be a well-themed ride for Fantasyland-aged park goers. For me personally, I am so excited my DS4, who's on the smallish side, will meet the height requirements to ride it. I don't think it was ever intended to be a "thrill" ride.