PDA

View Full Version : Big River Grill on Boardwalk reservations

Mickey2
05-21-2014, 04:20 PM
I just noticed this restaurant, and was going to try and book for our upcoming trip in Nov. It doesn't give you a choice to make reservations. Does this restaurant take the dining plan and reservations, or do you just show up.
Has anyone eaten here? How is it?

CanadianWDWFan
05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
They do not take ADR's. Don't know about the DP. There is a thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=203452) about this place from a couple of months ago.

We had a Boardwalk view room last summer that was almost right above it and we never noticed it busy. We were able to walk right up were seated with no wait.

IMHO the food is not very good, the beer on the other hand is not bad. They do offer some pretty good craft beers there, so if you wanted to sit out on the Boardwalk one night and enjoy a beer and the sights then it might be something to do. Otherwise I would skip the food entirely. There is better "bar" type food at ESPN just down the Boardwalk.

BrerGnat
05-21-2014, 06:04 PM
We've eaten there twice and had pretty good food and great service both times. IMO, the food here is better than at ESPN. I also like eating outside at this place. It's never busy which I also appreciate. As long as you go there and order "right" (order something basic and hard to mess up rather than something exotic sounding), it's an enjoyable place.

faline
05-21-2014, 07:02 PM
I've also eaten here a few times. I've found the food to be quite good and the portions generous. We typically have been able to walk up without worrying about getting a seat.

TheVBs
05-22-2014, 08:50 AM
We ate there a couple years back. Walked up, had a little bit of a wait, but we were able to enjoy some outdoor entertainment while we waited. Our food was really good! DH enjoyed the beer flight too. Service was great and we were there on a busy night.

Mickey2
05-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Are they on dining plan?

#1donaldfan
05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
They were on the DDP the last time we ate there....probably two years ago. The food was ok, not great but not bad. It was not busy and our waitress was terribly preoccupied and slow for no obvious reason. I was not impressed at all.:cool:

Keneva
05-22-2014, 12:42 PM
We ate there a couple of years ago. You can order a beer sampler where they give you 5 or 6 different samples (maybe 4 oz each) of the different craft beers that they have. The food we ordered was simple and hard to mess up so it was good. The craft beer left an impression on me and I would go back to try another sampler.:beer:

DisneyGiant
05-22-2014, 12:51 PM
We've eaten there twice and had pretty good food and great service both times. IMO, the food here is better than at ESPN. I also like eating outside at this place. It's never busy which I also appreciate. As long as you go there and order "right" (order something basic and hard to mess up rather than something exotic sounding), it's an enjoyable place.

Is the stuff at ESPN considered "food?" Sorry - couldn't resist. :)

Big River Grill is "ok." It doesn't take dining reservsations unless you call up a separate number that connects you straight to the restaurant. I don't believe it takes the dining plan either.

I agree with the ordering of something "basic." Pretty much can't go wrong with that?