PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands Help

moe513
05-19-2014, 06:40 PM
When do you get these? Mailed to your house or at check in?? Thx
If you have any other advice on the magic bands please share thx again

faline
05-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Have you set up a My Disney Experience account and linked your reservations and tickets to that account? If so, you should be invited to customize your bands on that site. Once customized, the bands will be mailed to your home 4-6 weeks before you arrive.

TheHD
05-20-2014, 09:03 AM
My bands are showing that they are customizable exactly a month before we arrive, so I assume they'll be mailed out around the 30 day mark.

Scallywag
05-20-2014, 04:05 PM
We just got ours yesterday, in the mail. 24 days to go!!!

moe513
05-20-2014, 05:45 PM
So after you receive them in the mail do they load them with your fass passes at check in???

Thx so much!

DizneyRox
05-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Fast passes are stored on your account, not the band..

faline
05-20-2014, 08:13 PM
So after you receive them in the mail do they load them with your fass passes at check in???

Thx so much!

If you have your tickets in advance, you link them to your bands via your Disney Magical Experience.

Bruegge
05-20-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm at day 29.. no bands or notification of shipping.... they still send an email when they DO ship right?

yankeesfan123
05-21-2014, 04:31 AM
Well, yes... But some have reported actually receiving the bands before getting the shipment notification lol

DANAM
05-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Worth a mention because I assumed it was common sense but it was not for some of my family members. You have to check in before you attemp to use your bands at the parks or for your dining plan credit. I have no idea why they thought you could do that but apparently not common sense.

yankeesfan123
05-22-2014, 06:39 AM
Worth a mention because I assumed it was common sense but it was not for some of my family members. You have to check in before you attemp to use your bands at the parks or for your dining plan credit. I have no idea why they thought you could do that but apparently not common sense.

Maybe they thought that because they checked in online ahead of time?

Edit: I haven't done this myself, but some people in the internet community have been able to activate their MB at guest relations at a park. The cast member at guest relations just called over to the hotel.

Not sure if that is common or if certain cast members go out of their way to help. I'd suggest calling the resort yourself for advice. They'd probably start by saying that you have to go to the hotel first, but make sure to ask if you could just stop at guest relations at a park instead.

All that being said, you might still get stuck paying for parking.

titleistboy
05-28-2014, 08:23 AM
We're going in October...called about something on our reservation, and the CM asked if we had customized our bands yet, because they've apparently been somewhat "randomly" shipping out...so some get shipped well before they're supposed to...I'm not sure if it necessarily matters if they're customized or not.