PDA

View Full Version : Call the Midwife, Series 3 finale

MNNHFLTX
05-19-2014, 04:07 PM
I don't think we even had a CTM thread going for season 3 (The seasons for the UK shows are just too short!), but just watched the finale and cried my eyes out. It was one of the best episodes ever, IMO. I had heard about some of the changes that were going to take place but didn't realize how moving the show would be. Did anyone else watch it and feel the same? Or was it just me being emotional? :cry:

Tink1
05-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Have to admit, I cried. LOL

Hope Season 4 is as good!

N

BriarRose0708
05-19-2014, 09:10 PM
I caught up at lunch today and it's a good thing I had no appointments at 1! I was a blubbering mess. What an outstanding episode. I was upset for a moment that it seemed like this would be the end of it for good but luckily a quick search revealed there will be a series 4 and a new Christmas episode that will feature Vanessa Redgrave in person playing Jenny (she does the voiceovers) which is very exciting because I think that means there will be a flash forward to the present in the special. Now we begin the long wait until January 2015 for more Downton, Midwife, and Selfridge!

Melanie
05-20-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm glad to see that you guys enjoyed the finale so much. Trying to find time to watch it this week.

To be honest, I've been disappointed this season. I have felt the storylines have really suffered since they aren't going off Jenny's book material anymore. Maybe because Mr. Selfridge has been so good for me this year, but I'm just not enjoying CTM nearly like I did last year. And I'm disappointed Jenny is leaving.

MNNHFLTX
05-20-2014, 04:43 PM
To be honest, I've been disappointed this season. I have felt the storylines have really suffered since they aren't going off Jenny's book material anymore. Maybe because Mr. Selfridge has been so good for me this year, but I'm just not enjoying CTM nearly like I did last year. And I'm disappointed Jenny is leaving.
I've enjoyed this season, but I do think the story lines have been a bit disjointed, almost as though the writers have been unsure what to do with some of the characters. I think you'll like the finale much better, Mel. It is a shame that Jessica Raine is leaving the show; her three year contract was up, I guess.