PDA

View Full Version : Frozen brings Hollywood Studios style "rope drop" to The Magic Kingdom

Goofy4TheWorld
05-18-2014, 09:57 PM
My wife told me she read that the MK has been forced to walk people down Main Street behind a wall of Cast Members at park opening in order to keep the peace as people sprint to the Frozen character meets in Fantasyland. Google confirmed her story, and I had not seen it on Intercot, so I thought I would post it.

I guess with Frozen and the Mine Train combined, they may have to start running armored SWAT trucks down Main Street instead of horseless carriages!

droopy d.
05-19-2014, 07:18 AM
I can see them doing that since they did the same thing at Hollywood studios when they opened TSM.

Bruegge
05-19-2014, 07:36 AM
I guess with Frozen and the Mine Train combined, they may have to start running armored SWAT trucks down Main Street instead of horseless carriages!

With Water Cannons....

Terra
05-19-2014, 08:13 AM
I find that sad myself. That adults would behave in a such a way, dragging children through the park. I get wanting to see something so badly, but not at the risk of hurting self or others. Nothing is worth that.

MyDisneyworld
05-19-2014, 09:02 AM
I heard that people were trying to cut through the stores so they even had to have cast members at each door that would not let people out until the rope line went past. Glad we have fast passes for our trip coming up next week.

Bruegge
05-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Glad we have fast passes for our trip coming up next week.

a BIG Ditto.... not to mention 7DMT... (next month for us)

Never got a BOG lunch FP (Yet).... but I can live without it... 2 outa 3 ain't bad.

TheHD
05-20-2014, 08:51 AM
I am glad to see this. The CMs would often stop people from running by yelling to stop running, but of course, that lasted .5 seconds.

DKA041177
05-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Wow. I am glad the cast members are doing this, just to keep the chaos to a minimum.

TheVBs
05-22-2014, 07:49 AM
I can't imagine that being an enjoyable way to start your day at any of the parks. Sounds really stressful. We'd rather miss out on something than deal with being in that kind of situation.

lightyearfan
05-22-2014, 08:47 AM
i don't understand this myself, all i have to say is what's up with people these days, is it that important to run and potentially injure yourself and others just to go see some frozen characters for all of 5 seconds and to ride a ride? this is why you go early and stay late so that you can patiently await going on rides and seeing characters,(that's if you don't have fp of course) i mean i get it, we use to go every year when our daughter was young and she wanted to go run to the characters and rides and we would have to explain to her that running wasn't an option with so many people around and that the characters and rides weren't going anywhere. now that me and dw go by ourselves (dd is since married and kids of her own:mickey:) we have even a calmer pace to our wdw enjoyment, boy im rambling sorry, it just gets me going when i read what wdw has to do because some people have to act like clowns

Victor

PirateLover
05-22-2014, 06:34 PM
This kind of behavior is nothing new, so it doesn't surprise me. My husband has vivid memories of running with his family to Dumbo first thing in the morning in the late 80s. Is it stupid? Sure. But people get caught up in the heat of the moment. So they do what they have to do to make sure everyone stays safe.

CaptSmee
05-23-2014, 09:42 AM
I know someone that recently ran from the front gate to the Frozen characters in under 4 minutes so the rope must be very recent

disneynarula
05-24-2014, 04:45 AM
I can't imagine that being an enjoyable way to start your day at any of the parks. Sounds really stressful. We'd rather miss out on something than deal with being in that kind of situation.

I agree, I can't think of anything that is so awesome that it is worth the hassle of getting up early and waiting an hour for the parks to open and then elbowing other parents and kids in a huge crowd. All of this is in the name of making "magic" for your child? I think it is a pretty awful lesson to teach your kids.

If we don't get a FastPass we will just skip this one.

Melanie
05-24-2014, 09:41 AM
And now with the Mine Train open....oy. I see this as the way things will be for a long while.

Goes4FastPass
05-27-2014, 11:48 AM
While Frozen is new and (pun intended) hot, I wish they would handle M&G demand like Mickey's "dressing room" (shh... several pairs of sisters in several rooms simultaneously).

Dummy question: if the Frozen meet and greet a FP attraction?

Melanie
05-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Dummy question: if the Frozen meet and greet a FP attraction?

Yes.

PlutoPlanet
05-27-2014, 05:37 PM
We saw a 210 minute wait for a photo with the Frozen princesses. I thought about getting Frozen costumes for DW and DD18 and taking photos myself.

Are there Frozen costumes anyway?

EeyoresBestFriend
05-29-2014, 11:36 PM
With Water Cannons....

OMG! Now THAT would be funny :funny: