PDA

View Full Version : ADR's with two Reservations

sacandjac
05-17-2014, 10:54 AM
We have booked a 7 day stay at BLT by renting points from an individual. We have two reservations, the first being for one night starting 11/17, then the second reservation is for the remaining six nights. Not sure why it was done this way... My question is-will I be able to book 180 plus 10 from the 17th reservation even though it is only one day???

I did email Disney dining and they said I should be able to book from the 17th reservation my 180 plus 10, but to call with any issues.

Has anyone else had experience with this situation? I make my reservations next week so kind of anxious!

Thanks so much!!!

VWL Mom
05-17-2014, 11:51 AM
You would only be able to book your ADR for one night. Additionally you will have to check out and check back in. They will try to keep you in the same room but it's not guaranteed. I would ask the member to call MS and ask them to merge the reservations so it is one continuous one.

sacandjac
05-17-2014, 12:50 PM
The person we rented from said that he would have the reservations linked to provide for a "continuous stay" and on my confirmations I see that they two reservations are linked. I still may have to check out and check back in?

VWL Mom
05-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Yes, with linked reservations there is still a chance that you will have to move. Because you are renting I'm not sure how much effort the owner will be willing to put forth on your behalf. Last time I tried to combine or merge my stays onto one record it took a few times to get someone in MS that knew how to do it but it can be done.

sacandjac
05-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Update:

I tried online at 5 am (6 am eastern) and I could only book 11/17. On My Disney Experience it looked like the 17th and 18th were highlighted and let me choose the 18th to search but it kept telling me search unavailable on the 18th. I waited until 6 am (7 am eastern) and called. Got a CM who was okay and she told me that she could book the 17th and 18th for me but I would have to call Disney Vacation Club number to make reservations for the remaining part of my vacation but they did not open for another hour. So I went ahead and made lunch reservation for the 18th and waited. I did call the DVC numbers that she gave me before the open time and the recordings said nothing about making dining reservations which seemed a little strange to me. Said things about paying dues, buying DVC, checking point balance, making hotel reservations. So I called back the Disney Dining line back about 730 am(830 eastern). I got a wonderful, helpful CM who said I could book the whole week no problem. I was able to get everything I wanted with a few adjustments:

Sci-Fi Diner (lunch)
Coral Reef (lunch)
Raglan Road (lunch)
Chef Mickey's(breakfast)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Ohana (dinner)
Be Our Guest (dinner)
CRT (breakfast)

Super excited! So glad I called back-the second CM was so happy to help me!