PDA

View Full Version : crystal palace

biggins
05-14-2014, 01:06 PM
How is the dinner there? Are pooh and friends there at dinnertime? We booked an ADR there for the first time for September. Thanks!

TheRustyScupper
05-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Our Ratings of Crystal Palace Lunch & Dinner: (*1/16/2014*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: B

NOTE: In most cases, one goes for the characters and suffers through the food. At
CP, the food is above average, with a wide variety. Although it is very overpriced, the
food is acceptable; the characters have great interaction. If you must do character
meal, this is the best choice for food, next to Tusker House and 1900 Park Fare. Since
it is a character meal, beware of a very noisy environment with kids running around
everywhere. Remember, one goes to such meals for the characters, not to get great
food.

Kplaster
05-14-2014, 03:23 PM
I think the CP is something you have to do at least once for the characters. The food is decent but I can't say I would choose CP over another restaurant food wise. It is fun and enjoyable for the kids and the characters do a great job. The kids get to march around the restaurant with the characters at one point which is great. I agree with TheRustyScupper it is VERY noisy but that is to be expected. Overall, I think you will enjoy it. :mickey:

VacationDisney
05-14-2014, 05:45 PM
The food is just OK, but it's fun and the kids will love it:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-14-2014, 06:13 PM
We enjoy CP for dinner and Pooh tigger and Eeyore are there I think piglet too

natedog24
05-14-2014, 10:29 PM
As others have said, you go for the atmosphere and character interaction... I also LOVE the location. The food isn't bad by any stretch, but it's also not amazing either.
It's buffet, so there's something for everyone.
It's a must do for me everytime we go.

mydisneygirls
05-15-2014, 12:23 PM
We actually really like it there. It's not 5 star food, but I'm not a 5 star food type person. Food is tastey and character interaction is great.

DKA041177
05-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Very excited to be going there for the first time this Fall. It will be an adults only trip...so the characters might be a little ackward...

mydisneygirls
05-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Very excited to be going there for the first time this Fall. It will be an adults only trip...so the characters might be a little ackward...

Don't feel ackward. I've seen adults only wait in character greet lines!!! My daughters and I still take pictures with them and I'm in my 50's!

MyDisneyworld
05-16-2014, 10:34 AM
We have been 3 times now and we like it. As others said it's not the most amazing food but it's good and we all have a fun time.

ASweetLov
05-17-2014, 10:54 AM
I booked it on my disneymoon for my Magic Kingdom day for dinner, and even though my husband thought he would feel awkward at a character dinner we ended having a great meal. Im a big Pooh fan since I was a baby and there was great character interaction! The buffet was big and had lots of different options. I actually fell in love with he mashed potatoes there, best I have ever had!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-17-2014, 12:39 PM

Its not awkward...on our last visit there my teenage son was kind of making comments about it being lame with the characters, but then Tigger came outside where we were seated and started messing with my son, doing the high five thing then pulling his hand back and rubbing his head. My son couldn't wait to get in and do something to get even with him, it was so funny. We got great pictures with all the characters and there were no little kids in our party.:D