PDA

View Full Version : FP+ with a School Group?

joonyer
05-13-2014, 03:25 PM
My high school son will be going to WDW is a few weeks with a big group from school. Park passes were purchased for the entire group, but have not been distributed ot eh kids yet; as far as I know they won;t get their passes until they arrive. Anybody know how FP+ will work for a group like this?

They will be splitting into smaller groups while touring the parks. We were just wondering, they wanted to be able to try to get FP+s for the 7DMT if they could.

Maleficent's Dad
05-13-2014, 05:00 PM
We just went through this in early April with our son and his school's marching band.

The kids, as part of a group, were not able to make advanced FP+'s. They could only make FP's once in the park.

DisneyGiant
05-13-2014, 05:03 PM
This is my biggest nightmare with the "Tour Groups."

One time a tour group was back at Toy Story Mania & it made the Fast Pass line the Slow Pass line with over an hour wait!

I have already books our FPs - but I have no idea if we'll be stuck with a big group like that or not......

joonyer
05-13-2014, 09:37 PM
There are only 40 kids in my son's group, plus a few adult chaperones, and they will be breaking up into smaller groups of 6-8 people once in the parks. I'm guessing they won't be able to make FP+ ressies until they are in the parks.

DisneyGiant
05-14-2014, 12:53 PM
40 is not a big group at all.

The problem I think with getting the fast passes ahead of time is the linking of the tickets to the system. If that linking can't be done - then yeah - they're going to have to get them that day.

I'm so envious - I would have loved to go on a school field trip to WDW when I was a kid!!!