PDA

View Full Version : New FP+ enhancement question on complex but common scenario

Biggeek
05-11-2014, 12:11 PM
I am very familiar with the FP+ system (used it a couple times already) and the changes put in a couple weeks ago for hopping and adding more fp, but I have a couple questions on the below scenario that I'm not sure how the new system handles.. this is a scenario at my fam will run into it several times each trip, based on how we do disney, and I suspect others that 'go with the flow' may also.

1) lets say I have 3 fp+ scheduled at MK, one at 9 , one at 10 and one after lunch. We use the first fp+ at 9 then go to second which has no line, so just walkon without using the fp+. Then we decide it's too crowded and leave for animal kingdom, effectively with 1 fp+ unused and a 2nd which has 'expired'.

Is it possible to ever get a 4th FP that day at AK? Im pretty sure you can't just cancel the other 2 from mk then try to add 2 fp+ for Animal kingdom... Nor do I believe you can just wait until the both unused ones have expired at MK then pick up a 4th (5th etc) at animal kingdom?

Breaking that down, I think it really falls into the following questions:

- can you get a 4th FP if you havnt actually used all FP+s, but after they have expired (I have seen numerious reports of people being able to reschedule expired, but unused FP+s ... Which indicates the system may not allow you to get a 4th unless the others are actually USED)

- can you use one FP+ at one park, cancel others for the day, go to new park and schedule other remaining as 'same day' fp+?

- can you still reschedule 'expired' but unused fp+?

- what if you have make no fp+ selections on a day... Can you just use them as 4th+ selections (i don't know when this would come into play, as the system would assume they are your fp+s) .. but maybe if you want to 'super parkhop' and get a FP at each park for example.

yankeesfan123
05-11-2014, 01:04 PM
I am very familiar with the FP+ system (used it a couple times already) and the changes put in a couple weeks ago for hopping and adding more fp, but I have a couple questions on the below scenario that I'm not sure how the new system handles.. this is a scenario at my fam will run into it several times each trip, based on how we do disney, and I suspect others that 'go with the flow' may also.

1) lets say I have 3 fp+ scheduled at MK, one at 9 , one at 10 and one after lunch. We use the first fp+ at 9 then go to second which has no line, so just walkon without using the fp+. Then we decide it's too crowded and leave for animal kingdom, effectively with 1 fp+ unused and a 2nd which has 'expired'.

Is it possible to ever get a 4th FP that day at AK? Im pretty sure you can't just cancel the other 2 from mk then try to add 2 fp+ for Animal kingdom... Nor do I believe you can just wait until the both unused ones have expired at MK then pick up a 4th (5th etc) at animal kingdom?

Breaking that down, I think it really falls into the following questions:

- can you get a 4th FP if you havnt actually used all FP+s, but after they have expired (I have seen numerious reports of people being able to reschedule expired, but unused FP+s ... Which indicates the system may not allow you to get a 4th unless the others are actually USED)

- can you use one FP+ at one park, cancel others for the day, go to new park and schedule other remaining as 'same day' fp+?

- can you still reschedule 'expired' but unused fp+?

- what if you have make no fp+ selections on a day... Can you just use them as 4th+ selections (i don't know when this would come into play, as the system would assume they are your fp+s) .. but maybe if you want to 'super parkhop' and get a FP at each park for example.

The first three must all be used or expired at the original park.

You can't just cancel two, then go to a second park and start getting new ones. All the original three must be used or expired in one park.

No idea what your last question is asking. You can't just book one fast pass anywhere. You must book three. They all must be used or expired before you can get a 4th.

Pretty simple: you book three, all must be used or expired before getting a 4th.

My advice would be to move that hypothetical "FP after lunch" to an earlier time and let it expire as you transport yourself between parks. Then when you get to the new park, you can book another FP.

Biggeek
05-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I guess it really boils down to if you can pick up the 4th+ after the others have expired, rather than after the 3 have actually been used.

yankeesfan123
05-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Just make the three as early as possible so they expire quickly.

It can take almost an hour to travel between parks (walk all the way down Main Street, wait for the monorail, walk/tram to your car, exit that crazy lot, drive all the way to AK, park, walk/tram to the entrance, then walk to the nearest kiosk).

Just in that time, a FP could expire. But, depending on the time of day and time of year, there may not be many worthwhile fast pass options at the second park (kinda like if you showed up at a park after noon in the summer with the old system).

Ian
05-11-2014, 03:11 PM
We ran into this multiple times last trip and I think I would definitively say do NOT count on being able to get extra FP's if you haven't actually used all of your prior ones.

We tried getting a new one with two used and one simply expired and they said no.

Melanie
05-11-2014, 03:35 PM
We ran into this multiple times last trip and I think I would definitively say do NOT count on being able to get extra FP's if you haven't actually used all of your prior ones.

We tried getting a new one with two used and one simply expired and they said no.

WHAT???? You can't get another FP if you haven't actually used all your other ones? If that's the case.....WOW.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-11-2014, 06:12 PM
That's what I've been hearing too ... that you can reschedule FP+ even after your time, so you have to USE the 3 you have before being able to make a 4th.

Make it is a bit more complicated ... more than once we would not use a FP we pulled, our plans changed, but now we HAVE to use them ... sigh ... more planning!

yankeesfan123
05-11-2014, 09:08 PM
I've heard directly from someone who came back just yesterday from a weeklong stay that she only had to let hers expire, not use.

However, I'm not putting it passed Disney at this point to say that's how it is actually supposed to work.