PDA

View Full Version : House buying pixies

Disney4us2
05-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Well, we have been house hunting the past couple of weekends.

Today we found a really nice house. It is in Davenport, FL. Close to Disney without being in the middle of all the traffic.

I put in an offer but it is quite a bit lower than the asking price. I will be paying cash for the house. Hopefully they will accept the offer and we can put an early end to our search.

All pixies, prayers and good thoughts welcomed.

Kenny1113
05-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Good luck!

We recently bought a new house 6 months ago (wanted bigger and closer to kids school and extracurricular activities). Took us 2 years and many offers later. Took us about two years, not fun. But we love our new house.

Hopefully the market is better for you where you are looking. :)

disneymom15
05-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Good luck Marci, hope you and Jessica get the house you want.

buzznwoodysmom
05-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Good luck!

Sending house buying :pixie: your way.

KylesMom
05-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Hoping this one is for you - prayers, pixie dust and crossing fingers that the price is right! :mickey:

Disney4us2
05-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Well..... I didn't get the house. The owner wouldn't come down in price and I wouldn't go up. He also said he could not be out of the house by July 1sr. Oh well.... I was kind of having second thoughst on that house anyway. Even though it had a great kitchen and living room. The condo fee (mobile home park rent) was already at $600/month. And it would go up every year.....

So I put in an offer on a second house..... and the seller countered for 3K more.... and I accepted. This one will need to have an dishwasher installed. so I will be updating the kitchen and bathrooms. Everything else looks great. The condo fee is $100 less and the price of the house is a lot less than my offer for the first house. I will be getting the house hopefully on June 19th. Whooohooo I bought a money pit...lol

Mickey'sGirl
05-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Congratulations Marci!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-16-2014, 05:30 PM
congrats