PDA

View Full Version : California Grill

pixiesmimi
05-09-2014, 05:44 PM
If we go to the Calif Grill for Fireworks dinner on a night that is extra evening hours at MK and the fireworks are at 10:00 (dinner 9:20), will we be able to get back to MK early enough to catch a bus to our resort (Yacht Club)? We could take the monorail to Epcot but Epcot will be closed by that time so how would we get to the boardwalk unless we take a bus? If you are staying on the Boardwalk, how do you try to take in the fireworks for dinner at the Calif Grill and get back to your resort?

GAN
05-09-2014, 07:22 PM
I believe the buses will run for an hour after park closing. You could also take bus from CR to DTD to BW -which I would discourage. We did the same thing a few years ago and it was a pretty bad trip. Given the money you'll be spending at CG -it is a small price to get a cab directly to BW rather than potentialy ruining a magical night. Go with the cab.

pixiesmimi
05-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks! We may do that. I had thought about that but was trying to avoid an extra expense. About how much does it cost for a cab to the Boardwalk?

WishingStar2006
05-09-2014, 09:24 PM
$25...including tip

buzznwoodysmom
05-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Take a cab!

We have opted to take a cab several times in Disney, and have never regretted it. After a long day sometimes we just want to get "home" as quickly as possible.

It's never cost us more than $20, including tip. I think the farthest ride we have had was from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Wilderness Lodge.

GAN
05-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Yeah -I was going to say $15-20 + Tip ...it's been a few years though for us

pixiesmimi
05-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks, all! :) I was afraid we would have to take a cab. We will be ready to get back quicker after a long day. Are the cabs out front of the resort and easy to get?

GAN
05-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Very easy... There are usually one or two out front. If not, just have the desk get you one. I know it's another expense, but believe me it will be worth it!

Susan A
05-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Cab
We did the same thing after our meal at the CG. We planned to take Disney transportation. But after dinner, we were tired and it was raining.