PDA

View Full Version : Another magic band question,

Goofy2014
05-06-2014, 09:19 PM
We got our magic bands yesterday and I am assuming that when we get too the hotel that they will activate our bands. Is this true???

DizneyRox
05-06-2014, 10:52 PM
You activate them in the MDE site/app. Of you're taking DME, you'll need the manic band at the airport. You can use the paperwork too I hear, but you magic band works there.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-07-2014, 07:50 AM
The bands are already activated/linked onto your MDE "Online Account" as soon as Disney ships them, which gives them immediate access to any park tickets you have linked on your MDE account. When you check-in at the front desk upon arrival, the bands will be linked to your exact room folio giving you the ability to open your door and charge to your room.

MargaretMessler
05-07-2014, 09:33 AM
The bands are already activated/linked onto your MDE "Online Account" as soon as Disney ships them, which gives them immediate access to any park tickets you have linked on your MDE account. When you check-in at the front desk upon arrival, the bands will be linked to your exact room folio giving you the ability to open your door and charge to your room.

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but if you book your entire package on the WDW website, is this all done in one step (right along with pick your resort, pick your ticket, etc.) or do you then have to do something extra after?

Goofy4TheWorld
05-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but if you book your entire package on the WDW website, is this all done in one step (right along with pick your resort, pick your ticket, etc.) or do you then have to do something extra after?

If you specifically book on the Disney website, then I have read that your "reservation confirmation number" will automatically be linked in your MDE account.

If you booked by any other method (called, travel agent, etc..) then you must click on "Link Resort Reservation" on the "My Reservation and Tickets" section of the MDE website.

You reservation number is either your 12-digit numeric confirmation number for a room-only reservation OR your 8-digit alphanumeric confirmation number for a package reservation.

Since you booked a package reservation, linking you 8-digit alphanumeric confirmation number will automatically link both components of your reservation (the room and the tickets) if your reservation wasn't automatcaally linked since you booked directly online.

Someone with a room-only reservation would have to manually link their tickets via the "Link Tickets" section of the MDE website.