PDA

View Full Version : Adding a guest to room for partial part of trip?

disneynarula
05-06-2014, 01:29 AM
Is there any way to add a guest to your room for just a few days? I have a friend who wants to join us for two nights at the end of the trip. We have room in our resort room for her.

Normally I would just add her to our party but this time we have a MYW package and it would make no sense for her to have to buy park hoppers for the week when she is only going to need two days.

DizneyRox
05-06-2014, 06:30 AM
Add them after check in. If it's a package they will need to get the same thing as everyone else if you add them prior.

Room only, doesn't matter...

disneynarula
05-08-2014, 03:01 AM
We can add her to our room after check in even if she doesn't want the package we have?

We still will only have two adults per room.

Total party (without added friend) will be three adults, three children, and one infant.

One of the children is 10 but from what I understand that only matters for tickets and the dining plan. He won't count as an adult in the room.

That would put our total at eight.

I just want her to be able to get a room key and to be able to use the EMH with us.

DizneyRox
05-08-2014, 06:25 AM
You can't add more than the room will hold, where are you staying that holds that many people. Or are you talking about multiple rooms?

Yes, you can add them after check in. You will be charged an extra fee for the adult, but not for dining plan and/or tickets. As you pointed out, they need to be on a reservation to be eligible for EMH.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Your threads opens up a lot of questions, but the answer to your original question is that once you have "checked-in" to your room(s), you can then add a guest to the reservation anytime you want without that person being compelled to buy tickets or dining (heck, you could even add her to your trip and getthe key room key and parking pass as soon as you check in as long as doing so didn't result in extra fees). You may or may not be charged an "extra adult" fee depending on the circumstances...

Which begs the question....what are the details of your resort reservation? Which resort? Multiple rooms, and if so how many? Big DVC Villa?

disneynarula
05-09-2014, 04:20 AM
I am sorry that my question was so muddled. I have a six month old that still doesn't sleep through the night and wants to be held whenever she is awake. Mostly I am happy to accommodate her :cloud9: but it makes my emails and messages hurried as I only get a few minutes here and there on the computer.

We have two rooms at CBR. One room is for Me,DH, DD (3), and DS (7).

The second room is for my MIL, DS (10) and DD (6months).

I plan on adding my friend to the second room. Will we be charged the $15/day to add her on for two nights? After reading the policy I understood that as far as room only is considered an adult is 18?

Mickey'sGirl
05-09-2014, 07:57 AM
You should not be charged, as there is only one adult in the room before she is added.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Because you only have one adult in the second room, you will not be charged extra for your friend, and because of that I would go ahead and add the friend to the reservation as soon as you check into the resort, no sense in standing in line twice. You can add her for the entire trip as far as Disney is concerned, it doesn't matter, and you can go ahead and get her room keys (or band I guess??) and parking pass (if needed) and be done with the front desk.