PDA

View Full Version : best resort for military discount

Crow
05-05-2014, 10:57 PM
probably gonna be back at WDW the second wk of June. debating on where to stay..WL club or regular room which I have stayed at before..OKW which I have never stayed at.
or AKL club which I have never done.
or go for a mod or value to be cheaper.
and mayb SOG the first night or two
any thoughts

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2014, 10:27 AM
At this point it may depend on which resorts are still available with the military discount. And even which room type (view, level) is still available in each resort. The military discount is like any other Disney discount, there are a limited number of rooms available with the discount. June is next month so your selections may be limited.

In the past we found the best deal was usually WL. Since you get 40% off at deluxe and only 35% off at moderates WL often came out not that much more than a moderate. Especially if you can score a standard room at WL. Since WL (and AKL) are already the lowest priced deluxe resorts, getting 40% off ends up being a pretty good deal.

Good luck!

Crow
05-06-2014, 01:48 PM
yea id check WL since its my fav. in fact, my one time on club level got the military discount and I may check that again

Crow
05-07-2014, 02:34 AM
not much available at WL, just honeymoon suite and AKL only a Savannah view w bunkbeds. so at the moment I reserved OKW for four nights $972. which is a 40% discount I think. Ill see if I keep that or not