PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP questions

TinkerBeth21
05-04-2014, 07:39 PM
We have reservations for late October (with free dining!) and are thinking about doing MNSSHP. I was just wondering if this is like the Pirates and Princesses Parties they did several years ago that you can get into the park earlier than the start time of the event. for Pirates and Princesses we were able to get in at like 4:30 or so even though it didn't start until 7. Is it the same for MNSSHP?
Also, are there any must-dos for this event? Something we should make sure we do there or bring with us? Our kids are 10 and 5 if that makes a difference at all.

joanna71985
05-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Yes. In the past, the MNSSHP ticket has gotten users into MK at 4pm (so hopefully it will be the same this year)

TinkerBeth21
05-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Thank you!

Poohbear88
05-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I love the MNSSHP it is my favorite party Disney has!! I love the parade I know your 10 yr old would like it not sure about the 5 year old! In the past when we have went there isn't usually any long waits for the ride. We did go on year on the 31st it was pretty busy that night I would avoid that night!! The fireworks are pretty cool. We took my dtg when she was around 10 and she loved it! The kids can trick or treat lots of people in costumes! I think it is well worth the money!!:number1:

NickD100
05-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Try to take it very easy the day of. Even a nap would be great that day. Too many young kids get tired and cranky early in the evening at these parties. Eat dinner before the official event time (7pm) to maximize party time. And everyone dress the part!!! Half the fun is dressing the part even if it's just a little.The parade is cool. And the trick or treat trails are fun for everyone!!! And go rides go!!! It's fun!!!

steamboat willy
05-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Make sure to ALL dress up for the event. Catch the Parade, one of my favorites. The Fireworks are unique to the Party and again, one of my Fav's. I enjoy setting by our Resort Pool and watching families on their way to the Resort Buses all decked out in Halloween Costumes. Some really innovative themed Trick or Treat outfits. You can tell if it's a Party Night. Boo To You! :blackcat::pumpkin::ghost:

titleistboy
05-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Hello,

I would suggest getting to the Magic Kingdom the earlier the better. Many people are heading in just for the party, and at various points in time the Monorail from the TTC is not running to the Magic Kingdom, meaning long boat wait times, and also long waits from the resorts. We'll be there with our two year old in early October and have an early dinner planned, and then we'll head over and get in.

It's a super fun event, and we've had mixed experiences, some very busy, and others nearly deserted. Don't miss the fireworks or the parade (although some little kids do get scared by the parade...hopefully not mine!)