PDA

View Full Version : Mousekeeping

JennyAnne
05-04-2014, 02:54 PM
What's the going rate for Mousekeeping these days? We'll have rooms with 5, 4, and 3 people. Do you tip a flat rate? Or per person, per day?

mechanic
05-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Lots of folks say they don't tip at all.
We usually do $1 per person per day. A little more if we had special requests. Or if we make a big mess.

TheRustyScupper
05-04-2014, 03:34 PM
1) We do not tip non-tipped positions.
2) However, it we REALLY made a mess, we leave $3-$5 on that day.

NOTE: WDW housekeepers are not the "lowly paid" classification like at other hotels. They are one of the higher paid classes at the hotel. Thus, we do not tip them under normal circumstances.

Terra
05-04-2014, 03:45 PM
What is their rate of pay? If they are higher paid, I'd hope that means 10+ an hour?

Anyway, we always tip at any hotel. I do $10 per day.

JennyAnne
05-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone! We're still a year out, but I budget and prepare everything in advance. :)

natedog24
05-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Obviously, the amount you tip is up to you and your decision. For those that decide to tip: Just make sure you are tipping every single day, as you'll likely have different mousekeepers, depending on the day and their schedules.

Sometimes, people just leave 1 big tip on their last day, and while that works out great for the one that cleaned your room that day, it doesn't help the other mousekeepers that cleaned your room every other day of your stay.

JennyAnne
05-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Obviously, the amount you tip is up to you and your decision. For those that decide to tip: Just make sure you are tipping every single day, as you'll likely have different mousekeepers, depending on the day and their schedules.

Sometimes, people just leave 1 big tip on their last day, and while that works out great for the one that cleaned your room that day, it doesn't help the other mousekeepers that cleaned your room every other day of your stay.

Great point! I have my envelopes ready, and a set ready for both my parents and my sister's rooms. I'm going to prep them all in advance and give them to them when we're down there.

shev
05-04-2014, 06:48 PM
I just do $5 a day...we put the money in a decorated envelope. My granddaughter has a blast making them.

#1donaldfan
05-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Typically we tip $1 per person in the room, per day....unless they are extraordinary, then I may add a few $$'s.......:mickey:

brownie
05-05-2014, 01:00 PM
We tip $5 a night.

Janmac
05-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Decades ago - back when they were called maids - I worked at a five star resort at the Lake of the Ozarks, cleaning rooms.

Whenever I stay at any hotel for more than one night I leave a tip. Doesn't matter if I'm at Disney or somewhere else.

Unless the room was not done properly, as happened on our last stay at the Poly. Not only did I refrain from tipping, I also wrote a letter to someone at Disney when I got home, rcvd a phone call and then a letter.

The Poly experience was the only time I can think of where we had un-serviced rooms and rude housekeepers. On all our other trips we have always enjoyed speaking with the housekeepers we see in the hallways or, if we're lucky enough, in our room(s).

Part of the fun of our Disney trips is interacting with the CMs. We - me and whatever kids are going with me - enjoy making up daily tip envelopes for the CMs.

It's less about who's getting paid what and more about how we make our trips more fun.

Jan

mechanic
05-05-2014, 06:39 PM
The CM's are a big part of what makes Disney so special. Hoping to be one myself in about 6 years, when I retire.

JennyAnne
05-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Decades ago - back when they were called maids - I worked at a five star resort at the Lake of the Ozarks, cleaning rooms.

Whenever I stay at any hotel for more than one night I leave a tip. Doesn't matter if I'm at Disney or somewhere else.

Unless the room was not done properly, as happened on our last stay at the Poly. Not only did I refrain from tipping, I also wrote a letter to someone at Disney when I got home, rcvd a phone call and then a letter.

The Poly experience was the only time I can think of where we had un-serviced rooms and rude housekeepers. On all our other trips we have always enjoyed speaking with the housekeepers we see in the hallways or, if we're lucky enough, in our room(s).

Part of the fun of our Disney trips is interacting with the CMs. We - me and whatever kids are going with me - enjoy making up daily tip envelopes for the CMs.

It's less about who's getting paid what and more about how we make our trips more fun.

Jan

Agreed with all of this 100%

hauntedmansiongirl
05-07-2014, 12:27 AM
We tip $5 per night. I love to get it ready ahead of time! Last time we were at Coronado, our mousekeeper told us that we have to put the little tent mousekeeper card over the money, or they will not take it. A few days when we forgot the tent, they left the money. I guess they are really careful to make sure that they aren't taking your money vs. their money! :mickey:

JennyAnne
05-08-2014, 07:19 PM
We tip $5 per night. I love to get it ready ahead of time! Last time we were at Coronado, our mousekeeper told us that we have to put the little tent mousekeeper card over the money, or they will not take it. A few days when we forgot the tent, they left the money. I guess they are really careful to make sure that they aren't taking your money vs. their money! :mickey:

I had no idea! Good to know...thanks!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-09-2014, 04:17 AM
No problem! :mickey: