PDA

View Full Version : Mine Train

pox24
05-02-2014, 03:05 PM
I know its not like actually being there, but the video I just watched of the new Mine Train doesn't excite me much. Waiting in line a long time stand by for this? Thank goodness for Fastpass+.

John
05-02-2014, 04:13 PM
When you ride it or see it in person, it will. It's a pretty cool experience.

It's funny, I swear they slowed the cars for my filmed ride thru - because rides 2 and 3 later felt totally different. Curves felt more intense, the mine cars swung more - it was a better right.

All in all, I think it fits in perfectly.

On our youtube channel, I just added a produced version which gives some different views - http://www.youtube.com/intercot

PirateLover
05-02-2014, 05:33 PM
When you ride it or see it in person, it will. It's a pretty cool experience.

It's funny, I swear they slowed the cars for my filmed ride thru - because rides 2 and 3 later felt totally different. Curves felt more intense, the mine cars swung more - it was a better right.

All in all, I think it fits in perfectly.

On our youtube channel, I just added a produced version which gives some different views - http://www.youtube.com/intercot

Were your 2nd and 3rd rides at night? Something about darkness always makes things feel faster. I always feel that way about Big Thunder. :thumbsup::mickey:

mechanic
05-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I don't think it's supposed to be intense. Think more like in between barnstormer and btm.
I'm excited to ride in july.

John
05-02-2014, 05:49 PM
First 2 in daylight and the last was at dusk. Honestly, I talked to about 3-4 other press and they said the same thing. It seemed speedier later in the day... could just be that loaded with more people, the cars move differently.

It's a fun ride.

PETE FROM NYC
05-02-2014, 06:07 PM
We are large people. How is the fit??

VWL Mom
05-03-2014, 08:08 AM
First 2 in daylight and the last was at dusk. Honestly, I talked to about 3-4 other press and they said the same thing. It seemed speedier later in the day... could just be that loaded with more people, the cars move differently.

It's a fun ride.

John, my boys say that about BTMRR and don't ride it until late afternoon. A CM once explained it as having something to do with the grease on the tracks softening as the day progresses. I wonder if this is the same.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-04-2014, 02:22 PM
I am afraid of heights and generally don't do roller coasters. I rode Big Mountain once and it scared the pants off me . I really want to ride this so how does it compare to. BTMRR?

Scallywag
05-04-2014, 07:21 PM
I know its not like actually being there, but the video I just watched of the new Mine Train doesn't excite me much. Waiting in line a long time stand by for this? Thank goodness for Fastpass+.

I think the ride looks cool, but I don't think it will make my top 5 list.