PDA

View Full Version : Question re: old tickets

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
05-02-2014, 10:55 AM
I will be at WDW the second week of June. I have several old (VERY old - one is from 1990!) multi-day park hoppers with days remaining on them. (They do not say that they must be used within a certain number of days of the first use, so I believe they are still valid.) I have a few questions about the logistics of using them..........

I think that I can only exchange them for current park media at a ticket window on site, right? Is there a way to exchange them for current media in advance of my trip?

I believe that if I can only exchange them on site, then I cannot make FP+ reservations in advance of my trip. If anyone knows differently, I'd welcome your thoughts!

The tickets state that all days must be used by the same person. Frankly, I have no idea who used these tickets initially - it could have been me, one of my parents, or one of my brothers. I don't know whether any biometric information is associated with these tickets. Will I be able to use them either (i) if there is no way to ascertain who used them previously or (ii) it is determined that I was not the one who used them previously?

Among the several tickets with unused days are two child tickets. Will I be able to use those? I might have been the right age to use those tickets when they were purchased and first used, but I certainly don't qualify now! Even if I cannot use the child tickets directly, would I be able to get a credit for the value of the days remaining to apply to a new adult ticket?
Thanks for your thoughts!

VWL Mom
05-02-2014, 11:51 AM
If any of them can be linked in MDE you would be able to use FP+, otherwise you will have to wait until you exchange them onsite.

If they show the ticket was used by someone else you would not be able to use it. If you bring 2 tickets issued in the same day/sequence they will probably claim only one is yours.

The child ticket might be usable. They are usually based on the age you were when the ticket was purchased.

mechanic
05-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Just updated some old tickets. They didn't care who used them before, but they all had to be be assigned to a specific person to link to mde. Once linked they will stay linked to that person.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
05-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Just updated some old tickets. They didn't care who used them before, but they all had to be be assigned to a specific person to link to mde. Once linked they will stay linked to that person.

Because I have multiple old tickets, each with only a day or two remaining, I will need to use several of them to cover my trip. Any thoughts on whether they'd let me link several tickets to my one Magic Band? If there might be an issue, I would just add them one day at a time. I'd have to take a few minutes out to do that each morning, but at least I'd be able to use all of the old tickets that way.

magicofdisney
05-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Because I have multiple old tickets, each with only a day or two remaining, I will need to use several of them to cover my trip. Any thoughts on whether they'd let me link several tickets to my one Magic Band?

They will allow you to link more than one ticket to your magic band. I've done just this with my band and a couple of my kids' bands. :mickey:

mechanic
05-02-2014, 05:20 PM
That's right. There won't be any problem. Once its linked to a band/ person. It will be considered that persons ticket.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
05-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Incredibly helpful information! Thanks, everyone!