PDA

View Full Version : Historic non FP rides changing to FP+

disneynarula
05-01-2014, 08:24 AM
I am not trying to start another debate on the good and the bad of the new Fastpass system. I am just curios if anyone has found ride lines of attractions that used to not be Fast Pass rides longer now that they are Fast Pass attractions.

VWL Mom
05-01-2014, 08:50 AM
I did notice a difference at HM in January. I think this is in part due to the fact that non-FP must now go through the interactive cemetery and that was slowing everything down.

eam
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
I definitely noticed it a couple of weeks ago, in particular Mickey's Philharmagic. I'm still on the fence about some things, but still had a great time. After all, I was at Disney World.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Yes! The wait at the Great Movie Ride late last summer/early fall was crazy!!!! It had always been fairly quick at that time of year, but waits of 45+ minutes were common. One day, it was 90 minutes since so many people were using a "new" FP+ option for it.

Just crazy!!!

azcavalier
05-01-2014, 03:29 PM
I wondered this myself. We're going in late May, and it's the first time using the new system. Since I have to pick three FPs, in some cases I had to pick something I never would have needed them for....such as the Great Movie Ride. The only things we would use FP for at DHS would be RnRC and TSM. That's it. Everything else we would ride when the lines were short enough, which they usually were.

Same at MK. I would FP Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mtn. *Maybe* Peter Pan. But we usually hit Peter Pan, HM, Pirates, and the JK when the lines are low. I just did a FP+ for Peter Pan this morning, and i'm shaking my head the whole time.

Disneylovescompany
05-01-2014, 03:32 PM
We were just there a couple of weeks ago and didnt notice a discernable difference in line levels of attractions that have FP. I cant say its not having any effect because Im sure at higher crowd level times it will, but, its just a matter of managing how you tour around the parks.

AgentC
05-01-2014, 05:05 PM
In my experience, it is hard to predict when it will affect the wait times. There have been days where I've seen longer than normal waits at Pirates, The Haunted Mansion and The Great Movie Ride but there have been days where they had normal wait times.