PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and Cream--Walk In?

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2014, 06:48 PM
I see that you can make reservations for Beaches and Cream, but is it possible just to walk in and have ice cream, and enjoy the atmosphere without ressies? My DH just spotted this when I was browsing around, and was interested, but I have booked everything else and am having a hard time finding a spot when it works to travel over there and back...It would be so much easier if we could just play it by ear. I was trying not to have a regimented trip this time, and then there's the whole FP thing...It went well last time, but we really felt scheduled...

faline
04-30-2014, 06:50 PM
The last time we were there without reservations, we waited quite a long while to be seated and because we indicated we would accept first available, our seating was at the counter. Personally, I wouldn't rush back.

eeyoremom
04-30-2014, 07:10 PM
We walked up in Jan. We could get ice cream and sit outside or have a long wait. Sat outside, it was very relaxing and good.:mickey:

Disney4us2
04-30-2014, 07:12 PM
They are strict with their ADR's. I tried it check in a half hour early and was told to come back....even though there was space at the counter.

You could ask if you can sit at the counter. If they say no, you can order it to go and eat at one of the tables just outside.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks, folks! I think even if we grabbed an ice cream and went outside to eat that it would be fine!!!! Just wanted to know if that was possible!
:wave: :thanks:

DizneyFreak2002
04-30-2014, 09:21 PM
I've done walk up before they went ADR... And I always had a long wait... I can only imagine the wait getting worse for walk ups now that ADR is to be the norm....

BrerGnat
04-30-2014, 09:34 PM
They have a quick serve ice cream window. None of the fancy sundaes are available there, but basic ice cream in a cone or cup along with milkshakes are available. Don't even have to go inside.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Thank you! I think he really wants to go inside and look around. He loves the diner, soda shoppe, nostalgia kind of stuff. I think we'll just play it by ear. I made a reservation, but I'm going to think about cancelling, cause it is just at a weird time of day, and I really am trying to keep things relaxed.

BrerGnat
05-01-2014, 06:57 AM
It is not really a place you can go in and look around. You can peek inside but it is a literally a tiny place with less than 10 tables. It's smaller than my living room. It's really nothing too special.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Thank you! It does look bigger than that. Hmmmmm.