PDA

View Full Version : The Mickey Pants Sundae

motherhamv
04-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Can you get The Mickey Pants Sundae in the MK??

VWL Mom
04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
The Mickey Pants Sundae is available at the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor in MK. The price is $22.95 plus tax.

goofy for pluto
04-30-2014, 05:56 PM
I saw the pic .... just wondering who thought it was a good idea to eat out of Mickey's pants...lol...:silly:.:mickey:.:silly:

Pirate Granny
04-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Actually it's supposed to be a sink...there are Mickey handles on the top and a spout

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-30-2014, 07:48 PM
I saw a picture, and I would love to try it!

But, it might be a hard sell, the family aren't really ice cream people. :(

joanna71985
04-30-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm hoping to get it either tomorrow or Friday (and I'm not getting it for the ice cream- I'm getting it for the pants sink)

motherhamv
04-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Please let us know how it was- DD wants that for her birthday cake :cloud9: on our visit.

BrerGnat
04-30-2014, 09:36 PM
It's only 3 scoops. How on earth do they justify $23??? I have heard the exact same sundae is available at Disneyland for $12...

goofy for pluto
04-30-2014, 09:46 PM
For that, you get 3 scoops, whipped cream, peanut butter chips, choc chips and 3 glazed cherries!
(Oh, and of course, a cute little ‘Mickey’s Pants’ bucket kind of thing in the guise of a kitchen sink!).
I get it that it's a play on the kitchen sink dessert at the Beach Club...but I still ask...Who in marketing thought it was a good idea to put out Mickey's pants as something to eat ice cream out of?..lol..:D

VWL Mom
05-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Just an FYI, if you order this at Beaches and Cream (Mini Mickey Sink) the $22.99 basic sundae will be the same as MK but is topped with a brownie and oreo cookies.

joanna71985
05-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I got it yesterday at MK. I loved it! It was really good

VWL Mom
05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
I got it yesterday at MK. I loved it! It was really good

:thumbsup:

thejens
05-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Seriously? 22.99 for three scoops? I don't care how much whipped cream they put on it or how fancy the bowl, that is a rip off! I am not one to fuss much about spending extra on vacation, but I have to imagine some one laughing while rubbing hands greedily saying, ha, ha, I'll bet they'll pay up to 25.00 for an sundae if we market it cleverly enough!

Honestly, I think someone ought to be ashamed.

MyDisneyworld
05-03-2014, 08:45 AM
My kids want to try this but like others i'm not sure if it's worth the price. But maybe once just to say we tried it.

joonyer
05-03-2014, 11:27 AM
My kids want to try this but like others i'm not sure if it's worth the price. But maybe once just to say we tried it.

I continue to be shocked at the prices Disney is charging for new things. But I shouldn't be, I guess. I know everything is going to cost more in the theme parks (you're paying for the "magic & "atmosphere") (really just a captive audience),
But $23.00 for three scoops of ice cream with toppings? The Kitchen Sink Sundae at Beaches and Cream soda shop has EIGHT scoops of ice cream with mega toppings, and it used to be just $21.99. Now they've raised the price of that one to $28.99, likely to make pricing room for the Mickey Sundae. I get it, its Disney, you can't complain about the prices without being a grinch. So I'm a grinch, I guess.

But think about about it. $23.00 will buy you 3 GALLONS of ice cream at the grocery market. The Mickey Sundae is cute and all that, but I would never pay $23 for one.
Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned (tight) for WDW anymore. Is it just me?

natedog24
05-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I continue to be shocked at the prices Disney is charging for new things. But I shouldn't be, I guess. I know everything is going to cost more in the theme parks (you're paying for the "magic & "atmosphere") (really just a captive audience),
But $23.00 for three scoops of ice cream with toppings? The Kitchen Sink Sundae at Beaches and Cream soda shop has EIGHT scoops of ice cream with mega toppings, and it used to be just $21.99. Now they've raised the price of that one to $28.99, likely to make pricing room for the Mickey Sundae. I get it, its Disney, you can't complain about the prices without being a grinch. So I'm a grinch, I guess.

But think about about it. $23.00 will buy you 3 GALLONS of ice cream at the grocery market. The Mickey Sundae is cute and all that, but I would never pay $23 for one.
Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned (tight) for WDW anymore. Is it just me?

Not just you. I won't be purchasing a Mickey Pants Sundae. I can't justify spending $23 on a 3 scoop sundae. Clearly, some people can and will... AND they know that, which is why that's the price.
The only way the price gets lowered is if people don't buy what they are selling at that particular price.
However, as a shareholder of The Walt Disney Company, the powers that be have a responsibility to make as much money as they can for me and everyone else that invests in the company.
Thinking something is too expensive for what it is doesn't make you a grinch at all, but as long as people are willing to spend $23 on three scoops of ice cream because it's in a cute bowl, Disney will continue to charge that much.

steamboat willy
05-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Who wants to carry around Sticky Mickey Pants in the Park for the rest of the day. For the price they need to wash, pack up and send back to the Resort! :cool:

hauntedmansiongirl
05-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Is the bowl plastic or ceramic? I would buy it if it was a nice one, but not if it was some cheap plastic thing! :mickey:

joanna71985
05-07-2014, 12:14 PM
It's plastic

joonyer
05-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Who wants to carry around Sticky Mickey Pants in the Park for the rest of the day. For the price they need to wash, pack up and send back to the Resort! :cool:

HaHa, You just said "Sticky Mickey Pants".
That sounds disgusting, in more than one way.
:funny::funny::silly::haha::laughing::doh:

BrerGnat
05-08-2014, 10:32 PM
This sundae is $11.99 at Clarabelle's at DCA. And, they have five different sundaes to choose from.

WDW guests are being fleeced...