PDA

View Full Version : Tikiman's update on Poly DVC -- now including Tokelau

Aurora
04-29-2014, 06:45 PM
For those who may have missed it, just thought I'd update DVC board readers on Tikiman's construction update that was in this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=204451) in Accommodations.

In the last few days they have changed some of the plans and decided to convert Tokelau to DVC also. They have cleared out the rooms in Tokelau and today it seems they are closing off the entire east end of the resort with walls. This will close off those 3 longhouses and the building with the laundry (the old Tangaroa Terrace) so laundry will not be available at the resort. Also the path to walk to and from the TTC is closed and there is no estimated time for it to be accessible again. There also closing off more of the Great Ceremonial House and working on paths around Rarotonga limiting areas you can walk around the resort.

faline
04-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the update. I may avoid this resort until the remodeling is done!!

VWL Mom
04-29-2014, 08:25 PM
So now over ⅓ of the Poly rooms are being taken out of inventory and converted to DVC? Interesting.

Melanie
04-30-2014, 07:47 AM
I was there a few weeks ago, and personally, I wouldn't want to stay there at this time. They hadn't even begun the lobby refurb, so I can imagine when that gets started it will be worse.

And yeah Lynn, I have to agree. DVC is taking over. Good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Aurora
04-30-2014, 08:57 AM
It's been noted that with Rapa Nui, Tahiti and Tokelau converted to DVC, the Polynesian will have the same longhouses with the same number of regular resort rooms as it did when it first opened. Not that that's a consolation; it's just interesting.

That's assuming they don't convert any more longhouses to DVC.

MyDisneyworld
04-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know how long all the construction will take? They seem to be moving really fast.

TracyL
07-04-2014, 01:20 PM
The official line is that the resort reopens sometime in 2015. And yeah, right now it's a bit of a war zone. Lobby has gone into refurb as well, so the central water feature is all walled off (and slated for demolition). Not a good time to stay at the Poly!