PDA

View Full Version : 3 choices at Whispering Canyon?? Can we mix it up?

mouseketeer mom
04-29-2014, 10:31 AM
I had to book one more dinner, so we chose WCC. Looks like it changed since we've been there last. Now we have to choose 3 items for the skillet? What if we want a refill, can we choose something else or does it have to be from the original three choices? I see theres fish now, and I like that for me, but no one else will want it so....

buzznwoodysmom
04-29-2014, 03:51 PM
The last time we ate there was not long after the menu change, Feb. 2013 I think. We were told that we could select other options for "seconds" and beyond. We did not have to stick to the original 3 selections we made.

I have to say, we felt the meal wasn't as good as years past. WCC used to be one of our must do's at least every other trip, not so much anymore. It'll probably be a while before we head back there.

mydisneygirls
04-29-2014, 03:56 PM
If you haven't been there since they changed the menu, I would choose someplace else. We didn't like it at all. The salad is no longer included with the meal....you can order one for around $8 pp though. The "skillet" is no longer a skillet but white platters. The "brisket" is not even brisket....it's pieces of eye round roast (we ordered this and when we asked for more, we got exactly 3 pieces). We didn't even like the vegetables.

We always loved going here but it is now on our must NOT do. We stay at the WL and I have to say I haven't noticed it very crowded since they changed the menu.

NewDVCowner
04-29-2014, 05:26 PM
I ate here last week and enjoyed the meal. It was my first time eating here. We were a table of five adults. The salad was a part of the meal and the waitress told us that we didn't need to choose three, she'd just bring them all out for us - that said, though, I think it was because we were a larger table. The table next to us that was just two adults I overhead the same waitress tell them that they could order three and when they requested seconds they could choose different things.

disneynarula
04-30-2014, 10:57 AM
I am not a huge fan of the menu change.

CaptSmee
04-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Ate there last trip & felt stuffed like it was thanksgiving dinner! Everything was so good :thumbsup:

BraddyB
05-09-2014, 04:06 PM
We ate there after the menu change, and it was OK. I missed the skillet and how it used to be. Sue wished they would bring the old skillet back, but I can see this as a move to save money.