PDA

View Full Version : So what about this opposite scenario for fp +

mouseketeer mom
04-29-2014, 10:26 AM
So with the new enhancements, I can get additional fastpasses at a different park once my original passes are used. BUT...what if I want to book the nighttime park now with my Disney experience onlin, and obtain morning fastpasses at our first park at the kiosks once I get there? So, getting passes at two parks. but just booking the second park online now? Can I do this?

PopPhan
04-29-2014, 10:37 AM
As I understand it, you MUST use the original 3 FP+ options before you can get more, so in your scenario, that won't work.

Sorry!

Gator
04-29-2014, 11:46 AM
You have to use your first FP in order to get the 4th FP, and so on. Plug that into your numbers. As far as I'm concerned, this is waaaayyyy too complex for the average user, much less the seasoned verteran like myself.

mouseketeer mom
04-29-2014, 12:20 PM
This is ridiculous!!!

Polynesian Dweller
04-29-2014, 03:49 PM
You have to use your first FP in order to get the 4th FP, and so on. Plug that into your numbers. As far as I'm concerned, this is waaaayyyy too complex for the average user, much less the seasoned verteran like myself.

To me after the first three it's pretty much like the original FP. One is used or expires you can get another. That part isn't a change.

The first part is, after your 3 FPs are used or expire you get another. Seems simple enough.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-29-2014, 09:46 PM
This has to be the stupidest "Plus" to come out of Imagineering since Stitch's Great Escape, I just cannot understand how this is not a step BACKWARD for the FP system (where we are now back to jockeying for FP distribution at dedicated kiosks, just we now do it in the afternoon instead of at rope-drop.)

But anyway, my arm chair analysis makes it appear to me that this forces people to schedule FP+ for shows and attractions in the first part of the day, and all that will be left will be parades, fireworks, and 'it's a small world' for your "additional" entitlements. Now, I liked having my parade and firework FP+ reservations last year, but given the new system I would never make a parade or fireworks reservations using my 3 advance selections, I would just hope for table scraps the afternoon-of, and I would imagine that will be the case for most guests. We are not going to get a day-of FP for very many E-ticket attractions at noon that day.

:pout::humph:

yankeesfan123
04-29-2014, 10:44 PM
This has to be the stupidest "Plus" to come out of Imagineering since Stitch's Great Escape, I just cannot understand how this is not a step BACKWARD for the FP system (where we are now back to jockeying for FP distribution at dedicated kiosks, just we now do it in the afternoon instead of at rope-drop.)

But anyway, my arm chair analysis makes it appear to me that this forces people to schedule FP+ for shows and attractions in the first part of the day, and all that will be left will be parades, fireworks, and 'it's a small world' for your "additional" entitlements. Now, I liked having my parade and firework FP+ reservations last year, but given the new system I would never make a parade or fireworks reservations using my 3 advance selections, I would just hope for table scraps the afternoon-of, and I would imagine that will be the case for most guests. We are not going to get a day-of FP for very many E-ticket attractions at noon that day.

:pout::humph:

Depending on the time of year, crowds, weather, which park, etc. there very well could be day of FP after noon.

Anyways, if you decide to make your FP choices in the morning, then that is your choice.

You can balance the interest of getting a 4th or 5th FP against (while using your first 3 for E tickets in the morning) against the fact that standby lines are typically manageable before 10 or 11.

It's an objective choice. To each there own. It depends on what works for your family.

Many people, myself included, love not having to wake up and split up from my family at rope drop to sprint to get a FP. I can ride Soarin, TSM, Splash when I want to ride without having to be in line at the entrance at 7:30 am.

Instead, I can now stay in the park til midnight, hit some attractions late at night with manageable standby lines, sleep in the next morning, lounge by the pool for a few hours, then hit the park in the early afternoon and have everything lined up.

Ahhhhhhh :mickey::thumbsup:

Disneylovescompany
04-30-2014, 07:22 AM
I just dont see it as confusing. Natural human reaction is to not like change and I think more than anything , this is what we see. The new system also requires some planning which plays to the strengths of those who go a fair amount or people who like to have things planned. It is no different than if I want to go to the local hotspot to eat and they require reservations I may have to plan it out.
You have obvious options:
1. Go to a park at opening where you can pretty much do whatever you want in the first couple of hours with little to no wait and use your FP for a park in the afternoon or even MidDay when crowds are high and then use the Kiosk for anything left afterwards.
2. Book your FPs early in the AM and then use the Kiosk later on to get more FPs for anything available ( rolling the dice because you wont get FPs for Soarin, TSM, TT etc. after about 1PM during moderate crowd times and earlier in high crowd times)
3. Use your FPs for late thus meaning the kiosk option wont be available.

I would never use option 3 and option 2 is OK, but, not the preferred one based on how we manage the parks. I would NEVER use a FP for a parade or nighttime show. To me its an absolute waste because there are plenty of excellent viewing areas for every event if you get to spots early enough and are patient. Using a FP for BOG makes no sense to me when you can get in line and wait 15-30 minutes and still get in pretty easily.
Time of year you go also effects the choice, on property or not effects the choice. And whether or not you go often enough to understand how to manage your touring and what you want to do. We have hit a point where we go for special events most of the time and do the tours and other off the beaten path types of things. I realize not everyone has an AP and can go 10 times a year. But, if you take the time in advance to plan, your time at WDW will be mroe enjoyable.

JerseyDad
04-30-2014, 10:00 AM
This is ridiculous!!!

.....did you expect anything less? Why would Disney relinquish the nearly 'absolute control' that FP+ created / gave them?

yankeesfan123
04-30-2014, 06:21 PM
.....did you expect anything less? Why would Disney relinquish the nearly 'absolute control' that FP+ created / gave them?

You have options. You have choices. The way you decide to use FP+ is completely up to you.

JerseyDad
04-30-2014, 06:27 PM
You have options. You have choices. The way you decide to use FP+ is completely up to you.

.....yes ...that's correct ...there are choices. But ...they are still impacted by someone else's rules.

.....that appears to be the biggest problem to seasoned Disney visitors ....the way they "do" WDW ..has changed .....and change ...is bad.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2014, 06:50 PM
To me after the first three it's pretty much like the original FP. One is used or expires you can get another. That part isn't a change.

I was thinking that, lately....So if you have to go to a kiosk and stand in line to get.....Pretty similar.....

VWL Mom
04-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Using a FP for BOG makes no sense to me when you can get in line and wait 15-30 minutes and still get in pretty easily.

Just a reminder, the BOG FP does not come out of the 3, it is separate.

yankeesfan123
04-30-2014, 09:18 PM
.....yes ...that's correct ...there are choices. But ...they are still impacted by someone else's rules.

.....that appears to be the biggest problem to seasoned Disney visitors ....the way they "do" WDW ..has changed .....and change ...is bad.

Change is the WORST THING EVER!!!! I demand a boycott until Disney goes back to when we paid a small price to enter the park and then paid individually for each ride.

Everything you, or anyone, does in life is impacted by someone's rules. Laws, bylaws, regulations, employee handbooks, restaurant and movie theater policies...

I'm actually thinking maybe you were being sarcastic now?

This terrible change allows thousands of children who never would have had the chance to ride Toy Story Mania without waiting in a 100 minute standby line the chance to do so with a Fast Pass.

Everyone else has that same opportunity now, too. The only awful change is that now, those people can't do so TWICE with a pre-booked FP before everyone else has their chance first.

This system is a fix to those people who were getting "seconds" before every one has a chance to get their "firsts".

I'm sure that's only one of many theories behind the change.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Depending on the time of year, crowds, weather, which park, etc. there very well could be day of FP after noon.

Anyways, if you decide to make your FP choices in the morning, then that is your choice.

You can balance the interest of getting a 4th or 5th FP against (while using your first 3 for E tickets in the morning) against the fact that standby lines are typically manageable before 10 or 11.

It's an objective choice. To each there own. It depends on what works for your family.

Many people, myself included, love not having to wake up and split up from my family at rope drop to sprint to get a FP. I can ride Soarin, TSM, Splash when I want to ride without having to be in line at the entrance at 7:30 am.

Instead, I can now stay in the park til midnight, hit some attractions late at night with manageable standby lines, sleep in the next morning, lounge by the pool for a few hours, then hit the park in the early afternoon and have everything lined up.

Ahhhhhhh :mickey::thumbsup:

I am confused...

Do you realize that the thread's OP is not talking about years-long implementation of FP+, but the very recent change (two days ago) to FP+ where you can now get additional FP+ reservations BUT only after you have used your original three AND only by visiting dedicated kiosks to get your extra FP+ (you can't do it online yourself).

Again, confused by your response, since the attributes you love have not changed and were not the issue from the OP. I too love being able to sleep in, but the April 28th changes to the FP+ system made sleeping in LESS attractive now that you will most likely forgo 4th and 5th FP+ selections if you choose to sleep in. Further, the new changes make it likely you will be back to splitting up from your family to go to the kiosks required to book your 4th and 5th FP+ selections.

yankeesfan123
04-30-2014, 10:43 PM
I was responding to a post that stated

"Change is bad"

Bruegge
05-01-2014, 12:54 AM
I was responding to a post that stated

"Change is bad"

Tough room.... Am I the only one who feels it is a good thing to be able to book 3 fp's from your home/hotel prior to entering the park -VS -getting up at sunrise...fighting to get to a park.....running to an attraction.. getting a piece of paper FP and trying to get back when it opens ... just to go and get another fp at another attraction.... leaving it .... coming back hours later....

Sry, I like the idea of sleeping till 9, getting a bite to eat.... hitting the park with 3 fps' and seeing how the day goes from there..

If that "all important" 4th fp is available .. great ... if not.. I still had an OK day.

Change isn't ALWAYS bad....

Disneylovescompany
05-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Personally, I like it better this way. No getting to the park first thing and having someone run to a FP booth so we can get one before they all run out. No worrying about, if we go in the afternoon will there be any FP left that may or may not fit into our planned meal/parade schedule.
As previously stated, most of our trips are pretty low key because we go so often that its easy to determine what we want to do. I found this system to be relaxing because I knew 30 days in advance where we would eat, which park we would be in at what time each day, and which high popularity attractions we would be able to get into.
It removes all the frenetic stress and actually allows more flexibility in touring the parks.
The addition of more FPs later in the day or in multiple parks just makes it perfect.
So while many who havent even tried it yet complain, keep in mind, WDW could always do what other parks do and charge for the FPs. Rather than complain about it, try it and keep in mind, this "perk" you are getting would cost you a ton at any other park in the US.

Mitzie
05-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Tough room.... Am I the only one who feels it is a good thing to be able to book 3 fp's from your home/hotel prior to entering the park -VS -getting up at sunrise...fighting to get to a park.....running to an attraction.. getting a piece of paper FP and trying to get back when it opens ... just to go and get another fp at another attraction.... leaving it .... coming back hours later....

Sry, I like the idea of sleeping till 9, getting a bite to eat.... hitting the park with 3 fps' and seeing how the day goes from there..

If that "all important" 4th fp is available .. great ... if not.. I still had an OK day.

Change isn't ALWAYS bad....

Nope you are not alone at all. We LOVE the new system. Does it have it's kinks? Sure, what new technology doesn't? This new system allowed for us to ride Toy Story for the first time this April in a list of many trips.