PDA

View Full Version : First time/quick trip

DisneyBarb
04-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Just go back from 6 days in California. We stayed one night in Anaheim with 2 days at parks. Our first trip after countless do DisneyWorld.

Hotel - Howard Johnsons had fantastic customer service (I had come from the Hilton at Universal which did not have the same level of service). Rooms were standard and queen beds were comfortable. We were able to leave our car parked (free parking for guests) after we checked out for day which was awesome.

Disneyland - It was extremely crowded (despite the forecast of 5 out of 10 predicted earlier in the week). It was hard to walk around but the lines weren't too bad 30 - 45 minutes. Rode the Matterhorn which was a bit disappointing. Enjoyed TMR and dinner at Carnation Cafe was very good with top notch Disney service. First time on Mr. Toads Wild Ride and nice to do Snow Whites adventure for old times sake. Due to the crowds or ride closure we didn't do many rides but just try to enjoy being there as it will probably be our only trip.

California Adventure - Loved this park, not sure if it was because it felt totally new for us or that the crowds were more manageable. Loved California Screamin, ToT was a bit different then DisneyWorld (enjoyed that) and always good to go on Soarin. By far the biggest and nicest surprise was Aladdin the Musical. What a production! I can't say enough about it! We were in the 3rd row and the costuming, effects and talent were amazing.

Downtown Disney - Took a quick stroll and enjoyed the entertainment that we saw as we were walked along.

Overall impressions - I'm glad we went to Disneyland but if we were to go back to California would not take the time to go again. I wish we had gone to California Adventure 2 days since we only had to time to see half the park.

Bathrooms were dirty, every bathroom that we went in both parks, that was disappointing.

Cast members - Everyone was friendly, I miss seeing cast members from all over the country/world but everyone we encountered was great.

We flew in and out of Long Beach Airport, loved this airport, only 25 mins from Disney.

Everyone told me it would be a different experience then DisneyWorld it and was, it wasn't a bad experience, just different and glad we got to experience it.

VWL Mom
04-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your report, sorry it wasn't a more positive experience for you.

Tiggerlovr9000
05-02-2014, 07:22 PM
If I went the same time as you and had that many rides down for refurbishment I would have not wanted to go back either. Sorry that happened to you and that you didn't get to have the whole experience at DL. Glad you enjoyed DCA.