PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to choose three.....what now?

mouseketeer mom
04-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Last time we used magic bands, we were testers, no tiers, no limits.
We are back in June. Now this fastpass system is making me choose three. And is it correct that I can't get others in the parks until I USE all three? This is bumming me out. For example, our first Epcot day. We just want to do Soarin and Test Track. That's it. Then make our way to the countries to walk around. It's making me choose three in Future World, which I don't want to do. It would be fine if I could choose them, but didn't have to use them before I get another. What the heck? This isn't working for me at all. :(

VWL Mom
04-26-2014, 12:15 PM
I too was wondering if they all had to be used or just expired. Unfortunately the shame in the whole thing is that 3rd FP which you or I have no intention of using could be meant for someone else.

TheHD
04-26-2014, 12:41 PM
I would think and hope that expiring FP would be the route that is taken by Disney. But hey, you can always use them on my favorite two rides at Epcot, Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the new Disney Lisa!!! I feel your pain. This new system does not work well with the way we do Disney at all. In all honesty, the new FP+ kinda makes us not interested in the parks at this point.

I hate the limits, I hate the tiering, I hate having to plan the rides ahead of time period! I am anxious to see how getting these extra FP's once you use your three works out. I would imagine not much would be left to choose from. Hopefully I am wrong. Good luck with your trip.

buzznwoodysmom
04-26-2014, 01:01 PM
I would think and hope that expiring FP would be the route that is taken by Disney. But hey, you can always use them on my favorite two rides at Epcot, Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land :mickey:

Of course we were just "testers" in November. We had an unused, expired FP that did not count against us and we were able to "replace" the expired/unused FP for something else. It appeared that as long as it wasn't used it did it did not count against our 3 for the day. If Disney continues in this manner it looks like you would have to actually use all 3 preplanned passes before you 're allowed to select more in park.

yankeesfan123
04-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Just schedule a FP for either Soarin or Test Track, hit the other at park opening.

Then, just schedule FP for the time that you plan on spending wandering around the WS, but don't use them.

It's stupid, yes. But it's not a huge hindrance.

That being said, don't forget, this is STILL IN TESTING.

I think that Disney is still rolling out everything slowly. They want to make sure that the system works with everyone using the maximum allotted FP choices. Once they are assured that it's smooth going when everyone takes the max, I bet they'll allow you to make less choices if you want.

yankeesfan123
04-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the new Disney Lisa!!! I feel your pain. This new system does not work well with the way we do Disney at all. In all honesty, the new FP+ kinda makes us not interested in the parks at this point.

I hate the limits, I hate the tiering, I hate having to plan the rides ahead of time period! I am anxious to see how getting these extra FP's once you use your three works out. I would imagine not much would be left to choose from. Hopefully I am wrong. Good luck with your trip.

It will probably be very, very similar to the old system. Plan on getting a FP for a top tier attraction at 2pm? Good luck! Want to get a FP for Haunted Mansion? Pretty good chance, depending on the time of year. Want a FP for the Land? Absolutely available!

akaDisneyDreamer
04-26-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm also not a fan of this new fast pass system. we like to do Disney at our leisure, We don't mind scheduling meals, but scheduling rides and attractions is just too much. We have scheduled a few things for our upcoming trip (in just 16 days!), but mostly we're going to play it by ear and hope we can do things as we get to them.

1DisneyNut
04-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Last time we used magic bands, we were testers, no tiers, no limits.
We are back in June. Now this fastpass system is making me choose three. And is it correct that I can't get others in the parks until I USE all three? This is bumming me out. For example, our first Epcot day. We just want to do Soarin and Test Track. That's it. Then make our way to the countries to walk around. It's making me choose three in Future World, which I don't want to do. It would be fine if I could choose them, but didn't have to use them before I get another. What the heck? This isn't working for me at all. :(

The whole system stinks as far as I am concerned but they seemed determined to go with it.

To answer your question, you do have to choose 3 even if you only want 2. Just pick 3 and then go back and adjust them so you have the 2 you want at the times you want and then try to get some third one that you won't use before or in between or as soon after your other 2 so you can start getting additional ones as soon as possible. Unfortunately, that is the only way to halfway make this new system work.

I agree. I hate everything about the new FP+ system. I don't see me ever liking it either. To be honest, I never cared about the old one either. I very rarely used them. Pretty much the only time we used them was to get to ride our favorite popular rides a second time later in the day. We very rarely used them for the first ride each day. I found we wasted more time running all over the park getting and then going back to use fastpasses than what time they saved us so we just used them to enhance our experience by getting second rides.

I'm also not a fan of this new fast pass system. we like to do Disney at our leisure, We don't mind scheduling meals, but scheduling rides and attractions is just too much. We have scheduled a few things for our upcoming trip (in just 16 days!), but mostly we're going to play it by ear and hope we can do things as we get to them.

I despise scheduling dining as much as FP+. We very rarely eat dinner at the table service restaurants anymore because of it. We just leave and go offsite to a nice restaurant if we want a nice meal. For us it is irritating and stressful worrying about making it to dining reservations. Simple solution is we just look on the app and if nothing good is available in the next couple of hours, we either eat at a counter service or just leave. We left Hollywood Studios one afternoon a couple of years ago and went to Citywalk at Universal. We walked right into Margarittaville and it was the best meal we had the entire trip.

mouseketeer mom
04-26-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm really frustrated. This forced three fastpass thing. I'd like to walk into the park after getting my Soarin fastpass ahead of time, and then secure test track. I don't want to run at park opening to do it, and I don't want to have to wait until all the others have "expired" to get another fast pass. I'd get a 7pm comeback time. I hate it. We loved it when we were testers, now, NOT AT ALL!!!

BelleKP
04-26-2014, 06:14 PM
What if you booked your first fast pass for a ride you don't care to see right at park opening. That way it is expired within the hour, putting you closer to gaining a 4th FP+. In that hour you can ride an E-ticket without FP.
Just a thought from someone who has not yet experienced the system ;)

yankeesfan123
04-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Many guests have recently reported positive experiences and good ways to manage the system.

I suggest reading trip reports and the strategy threads for some helpful tips to help you have the most positive experience possible!

RunDMV
04-27-2014, 07:30 AM
That being said, don't forget, this is STILL IN TESTING.

want.

That is part of their stupidity. Just say what the end game is. Why such secrecy?

As a 25 year visitory to WDW, this debaucle has me with no desire to return.

stephicakes
04-27-2014, 07:33 AM
What if you booked your first fast pass for a ride you don't care to see right at park opening. That way it is expired within the hour, putting you closer to gaining a 4th FP+. In that hour you can ride an E-ticket without FP.
Just a thought from someone who has not yet experienced the system ;)

This is not a bad idea! As long as it can just "expire"...
:thumbsup:

yankeesfan123
04-27-2014, 08:32 AM
That is part of their stupidity. Just say what the end game is. Why such secrecy?

As a 25 year visitory to WDW, this debaucle has me with no desire to return.

I don't think they know what the end game is...

I think even when it's officially done, there will always be changes.

Giggy
04-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Would think a quick fix for this would just be an option to confirm your choices without choosing 3. Don't see why this would be a problem.

About the limit of 3: I think the new system is probably the fairest option. It is understandable that people wanted more but at the same time if someone is allowed to book as many as they want 60 days out it will mean there will be very few (if any) left on the day for people who can't plan 60 days ahead for whatever reason. Ultimately you could only hold one at a time before and had to wait until after those were used or expired.

This is perhaps still more restrictive but with a change in the system it is best compromise between the people who book a lot of fastpasses earlier and the people who want to use them on the day.

yankeesfan123
04-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Would think a quick fix for this would just be an option to confirm your choices without choosing 3. Don't see why this would be a problem.

About the limit of 3: I think the new system is probably the fairest option. It is understandable that people wanted more but at the same time if someone is allowed to book as many as they want 60 days out it will mean there will be very few (if any) left on the day for people who can't plan 60 days ahead for whatever reason. Ultimately you could only hold one at a time before and had to wait until after those were used or expired.

This is perhaps still more restrictive but with a change in the system it is best compromise between the people who book a lot of fastpasses earlier and the people who want to use them on the day.

Couldn't agree more.

My only guess with forcing people to make 3 options is so Disney can test and balance the system during testing while everyone takes the maximum.

Once Disney is sure that the system works well, and there are FP available for everyone while everyone takes the maximum, maybe they'll let people take less.