PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band Packaging

Kerry823
04-24-2014, 07:01 PM
This may seem strange but I find it a bit odd that the Magic Bands arrive in such a large box from an organization that asks me to use my towels more than once to conserve water. I think that the packaging is a huge waste. Cute--yes. Did anyone else feel like it was a bit overdone? I also wish I could have reused the bands that I had received in October. Nope....had to get new bands for the March trip. Seems wasteful!

jennsky
04-24-2014, 08:02 PM
I totally agree. While a lovely box to be presented with, it's totally overkill. Think of all the guests and all the boxes just being wasted. We never needed a big presentation box for our Keys to the Kingdom cards, so why do we need such an elaborate cardboard box for these bracelets?! And considering that the bracelets are replacing the old paper Fastpasses, well, these boxes create a heck of a lot more garbage than a few little squares of paper ever did. LOL!

retiredfigment
04-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Couldn't agree more, but didn't I read somewhere that eventually the magic bands will be able to be reprogrammed for multiple trips? Or was that just for Annual Passholders?

Melanie
04-24-2014, 08:19 PM
I've said that from the beginning. Totally agree!

scooterca42
04-24-2014, 08:28 PM
I agree - but if you take the insides out it makes a pretty good photo box...

yankeesfan123
04-24-2014, 09:25 PM
I agree, completely, 100%.

But imagine if they came in generic packaging? You'd have a lot of people saying, "I spent $10,000 on my vacation and this is what I get?!"

There are those people out there. Disney has set a high standard of going above and beyond, and that is what is expected of them.

I do think, at a minimum, they can vary the size of the box depending on how many MB there are.

hel5165
04-25-2014, 07:03 AM
When our magic bands arrived I couldn't believe the expensive packaging. Also, the pkg arrived by UPS. Disney folks sure know how to waste money.

Don't understand why we just can't gets the bands upon arrival at the hotels. Our son recently waited until he arrived at the resort and got the bands, dining reservations and fastpasses all at that time with no waiting.

Donald_Quackers
04-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Couldn't agree more, but didn't I read somewhere that eventually the magic bands will be able to be reprogrammed for multiple trips? Or was that just for Annual Passholders?

You can already do that. It (currently) doesn't stop Disney from sending you a second (or third, etc) band for upcoming stays.

I have three bands, one from last December, my AP band, and one for an upcoming stay next week and I expect them all to work the same. We'll see.

minnie04
04-25-2014, 08:38 AM

I never really thought about it until now (I was just excited to get the box with our new bands…LOL), but yeah I guess it is a waste to ship them in such a big box. Also I am an AP holder and I know you said "eventually they will reprogram them", but I do find it a waste now to have to order all new bands when we bought another year on our AP's. They could have just reprogrammed our new year onto the old bands. Now I have 5 grey bands from our trial trip and 5 colored bands from out last trip and they are just sitting in a drawer and the new 5 colored bands in the cute boxes ready for the next trip. :mickey: