PDA

View Full Version : It's a Small World - The Movie?

Patricia
04-24-2014, 04:51 PM
Reported on Deadline:

It’s A Small World, a staple of the Disney theme parks. Disney has hired Jon Turteltaub to direct a feature based on the venerable family film ride with theJon Turteltaub catchy tune. Jared Stern pitched Small World and will write the script. He, Turteltaub and The Lego Movie‘s Dan Lin will be the producers. This one will take awhile to come together but it is envisioned as a potential franchise for the studio. Turteltaub is coming off the CBS Films hit comedy Last Vegas, a movie that has grossed $134 million worldwide. For Disney, Turteltaub directed the first two installments of National Treasure and is working on a third with producer Jerry Bruckheimer. Stern is repped by WME, managers Marc Provissiero and Helena Heyman and attorney Karl Austen, while Turteltaub is repped by WME, managed by David Lonner at Oasis and lawyered by Steve Warren.

:confused::confused::confused:

cer
04-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Not all attractions require a motion picture. :(

joonyer
04-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Why hasn't this been done before? Could there be a reason. Just sayin'.

I mean, how many people have gotten off "Small World" and said "Wow, I can't wait 'til they make a movie version of this ride". I'm waiting.

Actually, I can't believe Disney hasn't come up with a way of merchandising all those dolls for 50 years. What took them so long?

IwannabeinNarnia
04-28-2014, 04:33 PM
oh no! They are devising a way to take that 'torturous song' to the masses that are unable to make it to one of the Disney parks! :D Is this a plot to take over the world one movie theater at a time?

Aurora
04-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Didn't they already do this with "The Cheetah Girls: One World?" :mickey: